Today has been a long day, but a fulfilling day! I just want to write a little about our service tonight.
After teaching my class this morning, playing for the service, not getting any rest this afternoon, having Praise Group practice and Choir warm-up, prayer before service, a meeting with the service leaders, praise group, musicians, and sound man, I was pretty tired when church started! I am NOT complaining about it, because I LOVE what I do. This is my life and has been "my life" for as long as I can remember. Being involved in the church from a child, and as a Pastor's wife for 35 years has been my JOY! Yes, I do get tired, but I come home refreshed and fulfilled after I have given my talents to God.
We were having good church, good congregational singing, and good worship. There is hardly any service that goes by that Life Tabernacle doesn't have "good church". Tonight was another good time of worship and praise. We even sung three songs out of the "hymnal". :) We like doing that, at times. The service progressed, the choir was called up to sing. We were singing old songs..."Covered by the Blood" and "When the Battle Is Over". The choir was singing good, musicians were playing good, Kassie was leading good, the saints were worshipping good, when all of a sudden....and when I say all of a sudden....that is exactly what I mean. I felt the POWER of Almighty God come into our service!!! I heard and felt the "Holy Ghost after-burners" turn on in the choir, and the POWER of the Holy Ghost started flowing through the choir and the saints in the pew!!!! I cannot explain to those who have never experienced what it's like to feel God this strong, but those of you who have experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. A battle was fought and won tonight in the "spirit world"! I was in awe of how God took control! It wasn't a normal "Pentecostal blow-out" tonight. Something else happened. I am looking for more and more chains to be broken, lives to be changed, and souls to be won!
My words are so inadequate when trying to explain. Maybe you will feel the depth of what I am saying. I am praying for "whatever it takes to see God's promises come to pass" that it will be done, and we will see them take place THIS YEAR! Let's all continue praying and fasting for the out-pouring of the power of God to sweep this nation, our cities, and our churches! Have a wonderful week. I'll be writing more later...."the Lord willing".
P.S. We did continue on with service and had another wonderful message preached by Andrew, our son. Thank God for His Word and those who "labor in the Word"!
9 comments:
This 30 days of prayer and fasting is working. We had a strong presence of the Lord tonight and I was talking to someone in northern California and they were telling me how the same thing happened at their church tonight. My friend said it wasn't hype and a shoutdown, but the old fashioned power of God. I love it when this happens. Yes, Linda, there are some of us who know exactly what you are talking about and there are not words to describe it.
Sounds like you had a great service last night! As Jana said the payer and fasting is working! May God continue to bless His church! One of these days or nights we may start rejoicing and we look around to find that we are dancing on the streets of Gold! It will be worth it all! Meanwhile God allows us to get a taste here on earth!!
OOOh!!! Sister Elms, I wish I could've been there!!! It sounds like it was wonderful!!! Last Sunday night I was at the Martins church in Tulsa, and it was much the same, I got a touch I've been needing for a long time!!! Last night I didn't get to go because I was coming home from Tulsa to McAlester, but yesterday afternoon's service was awesome! Brother Boone preached about Heaven and Hell in a way I've never heard anyone put it. It was more about faith than anything. A bunch of what if you's. For instance, what if you had 1000 days left and you knew it? Would you give them all to God, or would He have to wait in line? What if you had the choice of doing wrong or right with no negative consequences...would you still follow God and his plan?
It was awesome! I'll write more about it on my blog later, but I have some exciting things to tell you!!! Love y'all!!!
O what a blessing to be able to wake up on a Monday morning and see that the Lord is moving all over this land. We had a wonderful day in the Lord in Orange County,Ca as well. We had a missionary come from Brazil (sorry forgot his name) and then Pastor Pryor had preached on "How God works in ways that we can’t see them all of the sudden on 7th time the nothing had become something". This was something that the Lord knew I needed to hear. As sister Allard said the prayer and fasting is working. I cant wait to see and hear what else the Lord is going to do.
Have a great day and week Sis Elms, love your blog.
What a great service, we could feel the power of God even in the nursery LOL! By the way, I love it when we sing the "old" songs, What a Day That Will Be is one of my favorites, it's my children's good night lullabye.
Sounds awesome. I love church. We had a great time too. God is truly moving across our land and abroad. It's great!
I love how God works!! That is so awesome! We too have felt some things break in the spirit this year. It is so amazing at what God is doing! He constantly blows my mind and I love it!! We pray for continued Revival in Wichita Falls!
Sis. Elms, since we just have a morning service, I tuned into Life Tab through the website (my first time). It WAS awesome! Keith and I enjoyed hearing Sis. Carol sing, "Don't Wait Til The Battle Is Over." We felt the power of God all the way over in East Texas. God is doing great things in these last days!!!
Jana, I love the reports I'm hearing from around the country! God is GOOD!
Kevin, to "dance our way onto the streets of gold" sounds wonderful to me!
Aimi, I'm glad you're doing good. I'm waiting on the "news".
Beka, I'm so glad ya'll had a great weekend, also. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I just hope to be a blessing to anyone who stops by to visit.
Michelle, I'm glad the presence of God was being felt in the nursery, too! I think you are the first person I've heard of that sings "old songs" for a lullabye. How sweet! I love the old songs, also.
Ronda, I understand how much you love church! It's so much FUN!
Debbie, I'm thankful for your great report, also. Thank you for the prayers on our behalf. We will believe "together" for a Holy Ghost breakthrough in our churches, and all over the land. okay?
Carla, I'm so excited that you got to "come to church at Life Tabernacle" on Sunday evening!!!! Thank you for telling me. I will pass on the news. It's just so wonderful to be able to "visit" others via internet when we have a chance.
Post a Comment