This week has been busy for me, so I haven't had a chance to write much. I have enjoyed all the comments I have received on my post about Ashlyn's hair. I guess I have to agree with all of you about her being "adorable". :) Thank you for letting me brag.
I am still about a month behind everyone! I just wrapped all of the Christmas gifts for Jonathan, Brenda, Savanna and Scarlet. Now, before anyone jumps to conclusions, you need to go read my post about "not having Christmas with the kids" in December. I am so homesick to see them and when I talked to Brenda this week she added a little "fuel on the fire" (she didn't know about my homesickness) by telling me that Scarlet woke up one morning this week and the first thing she said to Brenda was, "I'm so excited about seeing Mimi!" Well....I wanted to jump in the car right then and drive 7 hours to give her a "hug"! Wendell and me were driving down the road the other day and he said, "I am missing Jonathan, Brenda and the girls! I'm ready to see them!" I am too, but it will be a little while longer. We do have plans to go be with them for "Christmas in February" and we can't hardly wait!!!!
We're suppose to have some pretty weather the next few days. It's been freezing cold here. The last I heard we're suppose to have some beautiful 70 degree weather. I think Sunday is suppose to be 73! LOL! You would have to live in my "part of the world" to understand! One hour it's COLD and the next WARM? Do I wear a coat or should I wear sandals? That's one thing about North Texas that I like. The weather definitely doesn't let you get bored!
I will close with this little ditty. Don't ask me why I thought of it...I just did! Maybe my brain has been frozen and it is just now starting to thaw out! Here it is:
He got so fat that he couldn't see his knees."
Ya'll have a great weekend! I might be back to see you before Sunday. It depends on my "half-frozen brain". :)
7 comments:
I envy your 73 degree weather. It's 19 as I type this comment. Brrrr.
I wish it would be 73 year round!!! It has been less than 19 this week! I tell people in Wichita falls if you don't like the weather this minute just hang around it will change in the next minute LOL!
Well the way it goes it wont be much longer and you will be visiting with Jonathan, Brenda and the girls! Time does go by quickly and in cases like this one we can be thankful for it.
Think I'm part rooster. :(
Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com
We are in Indiana where it has been below zero a lot of the time we've been here. It is supposed to warm up to be in the 30's tomorrow. I'd like to see a little 70 degree weather about now..LOL
I liked the little ditty. That was a new one for me.
Someone has got a great sense of humor. Oh dear, I like peas!
Bro. Ryan, I hope ya'll get some warmer weather soon. I do like the cold weather, but it has felt good to walk outside and not "shiver". :)
Julie, you are so RIGHT!
Christina, I hope "time flies" over the next little while! I'm wanting to see my kids and grandkids SOON!
Sis. Buxton, LOL! You're so funny!
Jerry Anne! Oh my word! Below 0? That's too cold for me, too! Maybe you can head back home for a little while and thaw out. Also, I thought everyone had heard that "ditty". LOL!
Catherine, I enjoy the little rooster ditty, too! :)
Post a Comment