Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's Time For a Breakthrough!

The title of this post is how I feel! I've been trying to find the words to what my heart has been saying, and as I was reading another blog tonight, these words hit my heart! I don't know when it will happen, but everything in me is crying for the promises of God to come to pass in our church and city. Yes, satan would love to discourage the people of God and make them think that "it's not going to happen", but I REFUSE to accept his lies! When God promises and when His people take "hold of the altar" believing and committing to "whatever it takes", strongholds will be broken and lives will be changed, the church will grow, worldliness will die, and there will be great revival! I would love to hear of a great awakening in the spirit and lives of saints who are tired of being lulled to sleep by the "cares of this life". We cannot afford to give up in the race!
I've come too far to look back,
My feet have walked through the valley.
I've climbed mountains, crossed rivers,
Desert places I've known.
But I'm nearing the home shore,
The redeemed are rejoicing.
Heaven's angels are singing.
I've come too far to look back.

I am looking for some great victories! Do we have some warriors who will take up the sword and fight until the battle is won? I have a feeling there's a lot of you who are feeling the same call of the Spirit!

"Breakthroughs" do not happen overnight or just because we want them to. They happen when we get tired of the "usual". Tired of the mundane, lackadaisical, routine of life, and decide we will do whatever it takes! It is not time to give in to the pressures of the world! It is not time to say, "whatever will be will be"! It is time to fall on our faces before God, submitting ourselves to Him, until......

This has just been a little of what's been on my heart. I'm sorry if it makes us uncomfortable, but maybe we need to be just a little. Maybe I will be a little more light hearted the next time around. I'm just ready for God to show us His glory once again!

13 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms, we have been feeling the same way! It's when we become comfortable that everything becomes mundane, so it's okay for you to help us feel uncomfortable. Keith came up with our theme for 2008, "Reaching...like there's no tomorrow." If we would reach like we only have today left, I wonder what would happen?

Lynda said...

I am right there with you Sis. Elms. The things that were so important to me just a few weeks ago just doesn't seem as important as seeing a break through.

Karen J. Hopper said...

I am so excited that the word "breakthrough" is moving throughout the hearts of God's people. With one mind and in one accord we are going to see His glory in 2008.

Jana Allard said...

We are desiring the same. Our church just started the days of fasting that the UPCI encourages. We are believing for a breakthrough. During our fall board meetings, Bro. Haney spoke to all board members and pointed out that nothing is going to bring revival except old-fashioned prayer and fasting. I do believe that.

Kevin Hopper said...

Yes, this is a post that really speaks the heart of a lot of people. There is a stirring in the hearts of God's people to see a mighty work and revival in this hour! It seems like the enemy has come in like a flood and this is the Spirit calling us to raise up a standard of victory! We want to raise the standard high because He is still King of Kings and He is still on the throne! March on soldiers!! We are praying and fasting too!

Roxana said...

Confirmatoin from Chattahoochee! Or maybe this is confirmation for us!
As for the days of prayer and fasting, I've notived there is a greater harvest all year when we jump-start the year with an extended fast. Last year we didn't, and it showed

Monica Hassas said...

Wow! Thank you for this post, Sis. Elms! "Breakthrough" is the theme Bro. Shoemake set forth before our church for 2008! This is such a confirmation. I can't wait to see what God is going to do in all of our churches this year. It's an exciting time.

Patti said...

I think that a lot of people feel the same way. We definitely need a break-through, and a world wide revival. We need to get back to that old fashion religion until something happens.

Christina said...

Thank you Sis. Elms a great post. One of my biggest challenges for myself in 2008 is to not get caught up in the cares of life. I have challenged myself to get back to seeking God with all that is within me. I want to see spiritual growth in our church and our families this year! Just yesterday Chris mom said to me, "Christina I want you to pray about something." It is about her getting a better position in her job, but I was just shocked that she asked that and I just took it as a sign that God is doing something in her heart. Anyway, God help us to take this post to heart and do something about it. Love you!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

God only knows how many strongholds need to be broken both within the church and without. A breakthrough seems to be the cry of the heart right now. Our church is starting out the year with prayer and fasting as well.
This is a deep, heartfelt subject, Sis Elms. We need to have the power of God moving. There are some things that can only be done in the spirit!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful faith! Oh yes how we need a breakthrough to awaken those that slumber and to see fresh, new souls be born into the kingdom. The uphill climb does get wearysome, but we can hold to the promises of God, believing He will come through and "open the windows of heaven..." Great post, honey.

Bro. Elms

Linda Elms said...

First of all, let me say to my husband a great big thank you for writing today! I appreciate your words so much and I, along with a whole church is standing beside you to see it happen! I love you!

To everyone who has written...thank you for sharing your desire to see great things happen this year! Let's all bind together and see what God will do!

Cheri said...

Sis Elms, this is great, we need to get out of our comfort zone, and go out and reach the lost, it was said for us to tell our Pew neighbors that if we weren’t going to praise GOD and worship Him that someone more hungry is going to come and take our pew, I for one don’t want anyone to take my pew, but I am willing to share it with a lost soul, so that they may find and have the same joy and experience I have had in the 20 years that I have lived for GOD,
Every year we have in our church a week of prayer and fasting, it is a great experience for me, I love this week, is it hard, only for the flesh, oh but the joys and the promises that come to pass in this week, I just feel closer to GOD when we start this, every night we have prayer, and we break on Sunday night, with foot washing and communion, (it is funny how fast the parking lot empty’s on this Sunday night) LOL. Our church is growing and GOD is the rewarder who diligently seek him,
Pastor Garrett said that by this time next year, we want our church to double, well if you may not know our church is already full, but it is awesome, and we are getting ready to start a building program, and we need it, I am just sharing the blessings of GOD,

God Bless,

Cheri Bagato
Glendale Arizona