Monday, December 03, 2007

What Happened?


(ring, ring) I heard the phone ringing and even though I did not recognize the name on my I.D. Caller I still answered it. I heard a ladies voice..."Mrs. Elms? My husband and I were out walking this morning and we found a wallet and a SMASHED iPhone." If someone would have hit me in the stomach it wouldn't have been much worse. After I took a breath, I said, "OH NO! We were looking for my husbands wallet last night. This isn't going to be a good day for him." Not wanting to make the lady feel bad for telling us about finding the SMASHED iPhone, I quickly reassured her by saying, "On the other hand it will be a good day....he'll be glad to know where his wallet is." To make a "sad story" short, and not to pro-long the terrible, icky, feeling you probably have in the pit of your stomach, I will just say, "He got his wallet back and everything was still in it...cash, cards, and driver's license! Let me just say it this way: "His life was in his wallet!" I'm sure you understand what I mean. I'm glad that there are still some HONEST people in the world!! Oh...I'm sure you're wondering how the wallet was lost and the iPhone was SMASHED. Evidently, my husband put them on top of my car and forgot they were there. We were on our way to a very important meeting in town and they FELL OFF about four blocks from our house. There is no telling how many people RAN OVER the iPhone and the wallet. Now, you know "the rest of the story". If you will scroll down you will see a few more pictures of the SMASHED iPhone! By the way...my husband pushed the button to turn it on, and it really TRIED to come on! Poor little iPhone! It wanted to live!
One last note: You should have seen the look on the face of the employee at AT&T when Wendell walked in and said, "I need help with my iPhone....it keeps locking up on me!" LOL! It's okay to laugh. We have! LOL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have seen the look on the face of the employee at AT&T when Wendell walked in and said, "I need help with my iPhone....it keeps locking up on me!"

ROFL!

Now that is just pure funny! I almost sprayed coffee on my monitor at work when I read this.

Classic, I tell you! Classic!

Roxana said...

Thank God for the wallet intact!! As for the phone...wasn't it about time for an update anyhow?? It is over a month old ya know!! So, was the guy able to 'unlock' it for you??

What was that Hahaha song Bro Elms used to like to sing? (Ya'll probably still do.)

Anonymous said...

I was just glad to hear he wasn't wearing or holding the phone when it got smashed! Was funny.. sorry about the phone though.

iluv2prshim said...

I hope the phone was insured. I'm sure it was. And I'm also glad it all wasn't attached to him when it got run over.

Karla said...

LOL! I would love to have seen the guy at AT&T!! Too bad about the phone - but so glad about the wallet!!

Madison S. said...

I can see Bro. Elms doing this! ROFL Todd really liked this added note he is still laughing!!!! He said he should have told the AT&T guy he was having a hard time reading the display LOL! No wander Bro. Elms was having a hard time downloading and needed Todd's Tech support LOL

Linda Elms said...

It WAS funny when my husband handed the phone to the AT&T employee! I'm really THRILLED the phone and wallet wasn't attached to my husband, also!!! You know, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Ronda, there wasn't any insurance on the phone. They said it wouldn't have been covered anyway. That's when I have to say...Oh Well!

Bro. Seymour, I'm glad you didn't ruin your computer!!! LOL!

Julie, I'm glad we could bring some laughter to ya'll! LOL! It really gets funnier as you think about it.

Debbie Saiz said...

Oh my!!Glad he got his wallet back. But oh. . . .poor phone. . .I know he was sick. . .and there is not insurance on i-phones. They are great phones. . .that is why I got tickled when you said that it tried to start up! Thanks for the smile. . . .when life serves us lemons, we have to make lemonade and make the best of it!!

Anonymous said...

This sort of thing never happens to the Uncle Wendell that I know. What in the world happened? =)

Rochelle said...

Okay... that is funny! I would have liked to see the look on the face of that employee! Glad you found the wallet... sorry about the phone!