Friday, December 21, 2007

My Friend Susanne

I just had to get on tonight to tell you about my friend, Susanne. I met her this summer when my husband and I went to Nova Scotia to preach for her father, Bro. Gratto. I have known of Susanne for a long time, because Daddy and Mother preached for Bro. Gratto many years ago, and they came back talking about Susanne. This past summer when we were there Susanne and I had so much fun being together. Susanne is "hearing impaired" and I am "sign language impaired" so we had a lot of fun "talking" together! One time when we were talking to each other she knew I wasn't catching on to what she was saying, so she signed to me that she needed a pen and paper so she could write what she was telling me. LOL! I thought that was quite brilliant, since I was the one having trouble! She seemed to do just fine "reading my lips" and undertanding what I was saying. I know it wasn't because I was "good" at communicating with her, she's just good at "understanding" what others are saying!! :) Susanne has a beautiful spirit and is a very cheerful young lady. She lifts your spirit just by being around her. I wanted to let you all know she started a blog some time ago and I just found out about it. I have spent quite awhile visiting her blog and found it so very interesting seeing all the beautiful pictures from Canada and of course, knowing her family. Please stop by her blog and say "hello" and welcome her to our "blog-world".

No comments: