Friday, December 07, 2007

More pictures of LIFEtimers

I've already posted the videos from tonight, but wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to Carmen and all who helped her with the party. I laughed until I was almost sick with a headache. LOL! I'll tell you what happened, if I can. One of the gentlemen there is very hard of hearing, and cannot hear very much at all and we were having a game that is traditionally done at this party. Carmen reads a story and in the story are the words "right" and "left". When she is reading we are to pass the "gifts" around the table. When she says "right" we go "right", "left" we change directions and go "left". I'm sure you get the picture! Well, tonight we were "passing the gifts" but this gentleman did not know what was going on. He just watched, and watched, then a funny little grin showed up on his face. Bro. Dutton was sitting on one side of him, and Bro. Holley on the other, so they had to take the gift from him and keep it going! After a little while the man said to Bro. Dutton, "Well, I'm glad you've got two hands!" He was getting a kick out of watching Bro. Dutton and Bro. Holley take his gift! I don't think I had seen him smile like I saw him smile tonight. I know it may not be funny to you, just reading about it, and as they say "you just needed to be there", but if nobody laughs but me and those that were sitting at that table, that's fine. At least I have it "journaled" on my blog! LOL! I still get tickled thinking about it! Anyway, the whole night was wonderful and we just cannot thank everyone enough for a great job done. With all the fun we had I can say, "I guess I don't mind getting older"...Not after a great time tonight!


I also want to say we are so happy to have two retired ministers who have recently made Life Tabernacle their "home". (Bro. and Sis. Deavers, and Bro. and Sis. Milstid) We are enjoying getting to know them more and look forward to some good times together here in Life Tabernacle. We want to be a blessing to these two couples who have given their lives to the ministry and helping others know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I can say without reservation that Life Tabernacle is a wonderful place to be for those needing a place to rest. The saints of Life Tabernacle are wonderful and love the ministry. They also love serving each other and love serving those who come to be fed. It has been said that Life Tabernacle is one of the most friendly and loving churches around, and I am thankful to be a part of this church! I'm glad God sent us here twenty-three years ago and I'm thankful to still be here. WOW! I wasn't planning on writing all of this tonight, but I guess my heart overflows with His goodness to me.

3 comments:

Debbie Saiz said...

Great music videos. They are great! I love the old timers!! The rocks who burned the trail before us.

Kevin Hopper said...

Great pics and videos! Sounds like you guys had a great time with the trailblazers!

Heather Feather said...

wow looks like it was fun the other nite. I was guna help out but i had to work bleh lol. Anyways i love reading your blog and i'm sooooo glad that God put you and Brother Elms at our church! You rock :D