We had a wonderful weekend here in Halifax with the church family at Calvary Tabernacle and Pastor Gratto. Friday night was a rally that Bro. Elms ministered in and then Sunday morning was a "Friend's Day". It was a great success with 30-40 visitors in attendance. After the message there were several first-time guests in the altar, praying with tears streaming down their faces!! Thank God for a move of the Holy Ghost! After lunch Bro. Gratto took us down to the "waterfront" and just as we were driving up to it we were SURPRISED to see that the QUEEN MARY 2 was docked! Wow! We had no idea that it was anywhere around. We had seen it when we were at Bar Harbor, Maine three years ago, but now here it was again! Bro. Gratto had never seen it. We couldn't get a good picture of it this time, because it is guarded very closely, but we did get a picture of the top of it. Another great happening this time was we got to meet Chris and Suzanne Miller (Bro. Gratto's daughter and son-in-law). Daddy and Mother had told us about Suzanne many years ago and Mother had written Suzanne a few times after leaving Nova Scotia. She told us "what a sweet girl" Suzanne was and they were so thrilled to receive a wedding invitation from Suzanne and Chris. Suzanne is deaf and had met a young man from Houston, TX who is also "hearing impaired". Chris attended Bro. Kilgore's church. Chris told me he knew Jonathan and Andrew from TBC so we had some more "common ground". Then, after church Sunday night, I was showing Chris and Suzanne pictures of my family. When I got to Ronda and Nathan's picture, Chris kind of jerked, and I knew he was trying to figure something out! He looked at me and said, "BRO. HURST?" I said, "Yes, do you know him?" He said, "YES, I do! He proceeded to tell Suzanne that "Bro. Hurst was the Texas District Youth Secretary when he was attending youth camp and that he is a GOOD PREACHER"! LOL! Talk about a SMALL WORLD! I enjoyed my time with them so much. Suzanne is very good at reading lips so we got along just fine! One thing that was cute was when she wanted to tell me something real fast, she would grab a pen and paper and WRITE IT! We were also happy to see Bro. John Grotto and family come into the service Sunday night all the way from PEI! They were taking advantage of the holiday and came to see the family. Today, Bro. Gratto gave us his car for the afternoon and we went back down to the "waterfront" to see more scenery. I have posted the pictures here.
I know this has been a long post, but I wanted you to understand the "connections" that we have here in Nova Scotia. This is the last of the beautiful pictures of our trip to PEI and Nova Scotia, because we will be flying out in the morning for HOME! We are looking forward to being back in Texas with our "church family" and our sweet family. What a great group of people we have and we appreciate them for allowing us to be a part of the Kingdom of God in other places.
To our wonderful saints: When we go anywhere to minister, YOU are major contributors in whatever way God uses us. Your prayers and support give us strength. You are wonderful and we can't wait to see you!
5 comments:
It truly is a small world. You just never know who you will run into that knows someone you know. How sweet of Chris to say Nathan is a good preacher. Of course I agree. LOL
I love the Queen Mary 2. It is a beautiful ship.
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com
Wow it is a small world. I knew Bro. Chris Miller form Life Tab houston when we went to church and school there from 1981-1989. Its neat to see were people are today! Can't wait to see ya'll!
Sometimes I think there just aren't as many people in the world as we think there are. Everytime I meet someone new - you find out there is some kind of connection. It's just crazy - but neat.
See y'all Thursday night or Friday!!
I miss "home" also!!! See you this weekend...
Wow, you are great pictures in PEI, Nova Scotia and C.B. I really like it. Christopher read what Sis Ronda Hurst and Sis Julies comment about knew Chris Miller. Make him feel so good to hear that. Of course he like to keep touch from Texas! it is small world. wow. Thanks for share pictures. smile
Post a Comment