Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bragging Time

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, THIS SUMMER HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BUSIEST SUMMERS OF MY LIFE! Those of you who have been following our travels know that we have been gone a LOT, and if we weren't out of town, life has been busy in general. After a very busy day, today, I walked into my house and could smell that it was being cleaned. It was a wonderful welcome! Brenda, our "daughter" was cleaning my house from "top to bottom"! There have been many times I have walked in and she was busy doing something for me. She has always treated me with the greatest of love and respect and I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU, and say I LOVE YOU, Brenda.

A little while later, when Andrew and Mandy (our other "daughter") got to the house she jumped in and started helping Brenda, and before I knew it the house was CLEAN! THANK YOU Mandy for helping. You had already been busy at the church with the wedding and I know you were tired from a long day and also from little Ashlyn fretting as she cuts more teeth, yet you took the time to help me. I LOVE YOU!

I could write a lot more about these two "girls", but I won't. I will let "few words" speak my heart tonight even though it is full and running over.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Sis Elms how nice that you have your "daughters" to help with the cleaning, it is a blessing to help others, but I also know that it is a blessing to be the recepient, May the Lord Bless you and your family ♥ Cheri

Jana Allard said...

Bryce is now 21 and girls are 'dime a dozen." He plans to finish school before considering marriage, but I still fret so much. A life-time mate must be chosen so very carefully. When you speak about your daughter-in-laws, it gives me hope that I will one day have such a wonderful daughter-in-law.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Cheri for writing. My daughters are wonderful!

Jana, I know you take Bryce and his future to the Lord in prayer. That is the number one thing to do. I'm very thankful my sons chose the girls they did. They are like my own daughters. Their parents did a great job raising them! God has a special girl for Bryce and all young people who are seeking the will of God for their "life mate". I'm glad you find "hope" in my story. Love you!