Monday, September 10, 2007

Incredible Weekend

Yesterday's services were absolutely so awesome that there are hardly any words to express the glory of God we had in both the morning and evening services! Jonathan and Brenda, Savanna and Scarlet, were here with us for the weekend and it was so wonderful having them home for a few days. I know their church missed them, but we really appreciate them "letting" them be home. Jonathan preached for us and was greatly used of God! Last night in the service a lady who has been coming for awhile prayed back through to the Holy Ghost and it was marvelous seeing her renewed after many years. The neat thing about Helen receiving the Holy Ghost on the night Jonathan preached is that in 1975 Wendell and I were holding a revival in Redlands, CA and when I needed to go to the platform to sing, or play for the service I would hand Jonathan, my baby, to the couple sitting behind me. That couple was HELEN and her husband Don! Isn't God GREAT? Anyway, there were so many great things that happened yesterday and I'm so thankful God knows "when to show up"!

6 comments:

Roxana said...

And 'show up', He does! That's really cool that she got to be renewed on a night when that 'baby' preached!
I'm so glad ya'll finally are getting to be home again!! I know everyone missed ya'll!

Jana Allard said...

God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. Thanks for sharing such a great report.
P. S. Glad you are back!

Linda Elms said...

Roxana, yes He does show up! Our God is incredible!

Jana, I love the way God works! I am HAPPY to be back home. Glad to hear from you. Are you going to conference?

Madison S. said...

Don't talk about conference yet :(
Can't stand the thought of ya'll leaving again. I know you have to go but ya'll are greatly missed more then you every will know.

Linda Elms said...

Ahhh...thank you Julie! I hate to leave again, also!!!! We miss being home and really got homesick the last time we were gone.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You just never know what life is going to do.