Thursday, September 27, 2007
Ladies Day In Tampa
Since I did not go to conference this year I signed up to watch the services on line. I went to the "Pentecostal Music Association Service" before our service started last night here at home, and enjoyed it so much. I am at this very time watching Ladies Day! The theme this year is "Mighty Weapons". WOW...what a powerful service is happening. Sis. Sjostrand is speaking now on "You Are Not Alone"! The Word of God is our "weapon" and our "strong tower". I will go back and listen to the archives in the future. I'm so glad I am able to "be there" although I am in Texas and "it's happening" in Tampa! I love technology when it is used properly. Sis. Priscilla McGruder is now singing "Stand On His Word"! I am so proud of the ladies of the United Pentecostal Church and I am so glad to be a part of this great group of people. Thank you ladies for being used of God and blessing the hearts of women all over the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I got goose bumps just reading your post. I do enjoy stopping by your blog spot. I'll have to check out the conference on UPCI web site as well.
Take care. Love you ... Kathy
Sister Sjostrand spoke at our Sunday School Conference last year. She is an incredible speaker. And who did I see in Bennigan's today but the Rev. Wendell Elms. I didn't have a chance to say hello but he was deep in conversation with his brother.
Kathy, thank you for writing! I'm glad you read my blog and enjoy your "visits".
Bro. Ryan, I can't believe you saw my husband today! Wow! You should have went and said hello to him and told him who you were! If you see him again, be sure I said "HI"! LOL!
We are so blessed to have Sis. Sjostrand in the Ohio District as she and her husband pastor in Newark now. She has spoken to the Ohio ladies several times at camps and other events. She is just so awesome. I think the one thing that impresses me so much about her is that she is no respecter of persons. She treats everyone the same and doesn't forget a name or face. Amazingly. Many years ago, when she and Bro. Sjostrand were evangelist, they came to Logan, where I live. They were great friends with my pastor and his wife and stayed with them. Well, as I was single at the time, I helped my pastor's wife many times with her little children and her home, when needed. One evening, after church, I joined them all at the pastor's house, to help with everything and Sis. Sjostrand taught me how to french braid! It is a wonderful memory that I have. I reminded her of it shortly after they came to the Ohio District and she remembered! I told her of a memory that I had of this particular revival that they preached: She wore her hair in a different style EVERY night! I was so amazed that she knew and could fix so many different hairstyles! She just laughed and said she had WAYYYYY too much time on her hands, at the time! LOL
Jewel, thank you for the stories about Sis. Sjostrand. Yes, you are blessed to have her in your area of the world. She is an amazing woman. I love hearing her speak. We grew up in the same district (California) but I didn't know her very well. When I met her at our Ladies Conference a few years ago she was very, very friendly and real.
Post a Comment