Saturday, September 01, 2007

Peggy's Cove

We stayed at the hotel just about all day, then Bro. Gratto picked us up to have dinner. We went to the Lonestar Restaurant and it was really good! Yes, it was a Texas theme and they served good MEXICAN FOOD and had BIG glasses to drink out of! You don't know how to appreciate a BIG glass unless you have been drinking out of glasses that are not much bigger than a juice glass! LOL! Bro. Gratto has laughed at us a lot because we ask for "heavy on the ice" when we order a drink. In Canada they use about 4 cubes of ICE when they serve you anything to drink, and we have not found one place that serves UNSWEET ICE TEA. It's fun getting to experience the different cultures. After eating dinner with Bro. Gratto he needed to go to the church and offered his car to us so we could go site-seeing. We headed to Peggy's Cove about a 40 minute drive from Halifax. It's a little fishing village with a Population of 40! We also visited the Swissair Flight 111 Memorial where there were 239 lives lost when the airplane crashed into the ocean just off the coast of Nova Scotia. It's very sobering to visit this site. Peggy's Cove is one of the main attractions when you come to Nova Scotia. It is beautiful and I wanted to share with you the photos we took. I wish you were all with us so we could enjoy the scenery together!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Linda.

Wow, you have been one busy lady. It's been awhile since I visited your site and I just spent the better part of a half hour reading about CWs wonderful party, looking at all the pictures, and trying to keep up with you as you meandered around PEI. What a great time you must have had.

I agree with your thinking how wonderful Heaven will be. All of us will be together...forever...never have an end to camp meeting, or conference, or youth camp. Best of all, though, we both know is that finally, we will see Jesus. What a day, glorious day that will be.

Love you so much.

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Buxton, it is so good hearing from you, again. Yes, we have been very busy travelling this summer. We have visited some beautiful places, and felt the presence of the Lord at the Camp Meeting in PEI. It was wonderful being there with the saints of God. I am looking forward to that "glorious day" when we're all together again. Thank you again for writing. Love you!

AimiBelle said...

That's just beautiful. I hope y'all are having fun!!!

Linda Elms said...

Hello Aimi! Thank you for writing. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! What's the weather been like? It looks so peaceful and relaxing. Keep the pics coming!

Gene Holley said...

WOW! Glad you having such a good time and seeing the beautiful scenery. I think I would hear my own bed calling me though!

Linda Elms said...

Tena, the weather is BEAUTIFUL and it is very peaceful in those beautiful areas.

Gene, MY BED is calling and so is MY HOME, MY CHURCH, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS! I'm HOMESICK!! We've had a great time with the the people of God in PEI and Nova Scotia, but it's time to be HOME. I hope ya'll are doing great!

Karla said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful place. I'm so glad you finally got a large glass of iced tea and some good mexican food. lol I don't think you could have survived much longer without some mexican food.

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TRIP WHITH US.I HAVE ENJOYED LOOKING AT ALL THE PIC'S.I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Karla! It's just as beautiful or more beautiful when you're here! We ought to take a "sisters trip" and come here sometime. Wouldn't that be fun?

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, yes it is! Unreal! I didn't know if we could make it much longer without having some mexican food either! LOL! It tasted really good.

Linda Elms said...

Brenda, I MISS YOU TOO! I can't wait to see ya'll! I'm glad you've enjoyed the pictures. I'm also really glad you left me a comment! :) I love you and will see you SOON! Yippee!!

Madison S. said...

Can't wait to see you guys on Wed.!!!!!! We miss you. Madison and Mason have been asking if you are ever coming home. I think Mason has been a little more concerned :( He needs some grandma hugs he told me today :) so look out they are ready to come running on Wed. into your arms!

Linda Elms said...

Julie, can't wait! See you all at church!

Susanne Miller said...

Nice to said about PEI and Nova Scotia. Tell everyone come visit Canada smile

Susanne