Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Grandparent's Day

Sunday was Grandparent's Day and we were so excited because we had all four of our grandchildren here with us. We were also invited to the Kindergarten Class to be with Alayna. All the grandparents were invited if they had a grandchild in the class and we had a great time. Savanna was here visiting so she was also there in the class with Alayna. We were served Diet Coke Floats by the girls and given cards they had made. Sis. Janet read all of the reasons why the kids loved their grandparents and Bro. John had all the kids go to their grandparents and pray for them. It was so special!! Yes, I did shed a few tears. Savanna was standing close to me and I could hear her praying, "I love you, Jesus. I love you, Jesus." No money can buy the sincerity and love of a child! Alayna and Ashlyn brought me a bouquet of roses and gave Papa and me a card with a picture of her and Ashlyn. Great memories were made Sunday and I will always have them tucked in my heart. Thank you Kindergarten teachers for such a sweet day.

3 comments:

Karla said...

So cute and such a great idea. Good job Kindergarten class!!!

Roxana said...

Wonderful idea! The prayer time brought tears to my eyes!

Jana Allard said...

What a great way to celebrate Grandparents Day. I think I will pass this idea to our S.S. staff. I loved the pic of the little boy praying for his grandpa. Too precious!