
We were so sad to hear about our friend and fellow Pastor, Bro. Scott McManus, from Greenville, TX. being killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday evening. We were in Estes Park, CO when we got the news and immedieately started making plans to head toward Greenville for the funeral. Bro. McManus was a great man and we will miss him so much!! He and is wife, Belinda preached us a revival in Comanche, TX when our boys were young and we "connected" with them at that time. With some folks you just know they are your friend from the beginning. Please keep Sis. McManus and Lucas, their son and family in your prayers, as well as their church family. We have lost a great man of God in our lives and a true friend!
6 comments:
Judy Gandy called us with the news Fri evening and I've just been heartsick every since. Our prayers are with Belinda, Lucas and their church. He was such a fine man!!
Alayna and I were sitting here looking at the post when she said "Mom is that Jesus?" Referring to the picture od Bro. MacManus as soon as she said it I thought of what an incredible compliment coming from a four year old. He was truly a Wonderful man We were priviledged to get to know them when we were in Paris. The family has been in our prayers since we heard the news.
What a wonderful man of God. He will be greatly missed. I must agree that Alyana's words were a compliment to such a great man. Our family had known them for years. The family is in our prayers.
I have just been heartsick too. Nathan and Scott served on the Texas District Youth Committee together and this is just unthinkable. I loved he and Belinda so much. He was a great person. ALWAYS a christian!
Alayna could have very well been looking at "Jesus". I believe Scott was like HIM! Please hug Belinda for me and let her know I love her. Thanks
Love you too!
Sis Elms, this has saddened our family also. He was an awesome man that loved God and everyone he met. He would always bear hug Jason anytime he saw us and tell us he loves us. He loved his church and the church family. He has been there to help our family out and make sure my mother-n-law is doing okay regularly. I feel honored that he prayed with Jason and I last weekend when we were there. We never would have thought that was our last time to see him. My mother-n-law said the memorial service on Sunday had the church full of people. She said it was an awesome worship service that had people dancing and running the isles. It gave me chills thinking about the power of God that was in that place Sunday. My sister-n-law (backslid) went and she wept for Bro McManus. God is touching her and he did through Bro and Sis McManus.
AHHH...Mandy, what Alayna said so so sweet and so true. Bro. McManus was like Jesus. She couldn't have said it better. Love you!
Also, thank you to everyone for praying for my friend and her family. The Lord has given them strength.
Misty, I'm so glad you got to be in service with Bro. McManus this past weekend. That will always be in your memory!
Ronda, I will tell Belinda hello and give her a hug for you. She is a beautiful example of a true Christian. I know you know that, but she is shining with God's love through it all.
Post a Comment