HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, SAVANNA!

Savanna was born the day after Daddy and Mother's Anniversary. She was also born 3 weeks before Mother died in 2001. It was such a comfort to go home from Hospice to a tiny little "sweetheart" and let her warm, cuddly body bring me comfort! Savanna brought so much joy to all of our hearts during the last few weeks of Mother's life and still does. Mother got to see her before she died and we had a very special time when Bro. Shoemake asked Mother to "bless Savanna". He then laid his hand on Mother's head and started praying that "the spirit of Sis. Layne, this great-grandmother, be transferred to Savanna". Mother then started worshipping the Lord. All she did was worship! It was so beautiful and sweet. Savanna is the only one of my grandchildren Mother ever saw. I wish she could see everyone of my sweet granddaughters! She would absolutely adore them. Another special memory of Savanna was when she was two weeks old. I was sitting in the rocking chair holding her and I was thanking God for her, and praying that "Jesus" would keep His hand on her life. When I said "Jesus" her little eyes immediately went to mine as if she knew what I had just said. I am convinced that she felt the presence of God that day. The reason I believe this is because Brenda is a prayer warrior, and before Savanna was born Brenda would sit in her nursery at home and would pray for her little girl to be blessed by God. Savanna, you are a special gift from God to me and Papa and I want you to know God has a special calling on your life. I love you and want you to have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY! I wish we could be with you, but we will celebrate when we see you real soon!
7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNA!!!! I love you very much. I can't belive how old ur getting. 6 years-old and that just makes me feel old! LOL!!!
Chad
Hello Savanna, you dont know me but children of all ages are a great gift from God, Happy Birthday from Arizona, GOd Bless you, Cheri Bagato
Happy Birthday, Savanna!!!
Happy Birthday Savanna!!! We love you and we can't wait til we see you and get to celebrate!!!
Love,
Uncle Andrew, Aunt Mandy, Alayna and Ashlyn
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Savanna! You don't know me, but I'm actually your third cousin!:D You really have a wonderful future with Jesus because of the wonderful women influencing you (your mom, your grandma, and your great-grandma). I would love to meet you some day.:)
Sis. Elms, this was a beautiful birthday post to your precious grand-daughter.
Happy Birthday Savanna!
Linda, that was a precious moment with Mother.
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com
Happy Birthday! You are getting too big! Have a great one. We love you.
Post a Comment