Friday, April 20, 2007

Special Weekend With Mathews

There has been so much going on this week and I haven't had a chance to read emails, or blog, because I had no access to the internet. Last Sunday we were in Ft. Worth with Clarence and Madge Mathews at their church. We had a great time in service. Sis. Madge shocked me with how well she plays the keyboard. She also leads the choir as she plays. I was impressed! They definitely sang from their hearts and it was so good!! Bro. Clarence is a wonderful Pastor and led the service with passion. Brandon played the drums and did a great job and Erin sung in the choir. The family is very talented and a blessing to all who know them. Madge was so thoughtful and had the choir sing a song that Clarence had the lead on, because she knew how much we love to hear him sing. Of course, Bro. Elms preached a wonderful message and it was used by God to touch many hearts. After a lunch with the leaders of the church we went back to the church for a Leaders Meeting. Bro. Elms talked about the right attitude as a leader. We had a wonderful time. I even caught "Pastor Mathews" jumping on a PO-GO Stick! LOL! He was having a good time with some of the boys in the church parking lot and I just happened to catch him!

2 comments:

Gene Holley said...

So glad y'all are getting visit all of our churches! Looks like they have it "goin' on!" Thanks for sharing.

Linda Elms said...

Gene, we really are enjoying visiting all of the "Life Tabernacle" Pastors and churches, too! It makes our hearts so warm with thanksgiving to see what God is doing! We're up here praying for you all and standing behind you in prayer.