Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pastor Elms and Family Welcomed to Beaumont

Today was the first service for Jonathan, Brenda, Savanna and Scarlet at The Apostolic Church in Beaumont. They had wonderful services this morning and tonight. Brenda was too sick to be at church this evening and was more distraught over missing church than she was over being sick. A great big thank you to all who prayed for her. I'm sure she will be feeling better soon. If you would like to read the bulletin welcoming them, go here. I know all of you who read my blog are interested in what God has been doing in the lives of those who are dear to me, so I wanted to make it easy for you to share in my thankfulness.

To the Saints at Ranger: I know some of you read my blog and I want you to know that I have been thinking about you and praying that God will send the right Pastor and family to you. You are an incredible group of people and we love you so much. You have been a beautiful part of our lives for many years and you have made our lives richer just by knowing you. You have been so loving and loyal to our "kids". Thank you for your never ending care of the ministry. When God rewards you for your "labor of love" I want to be there. Bro. Elms and I have talked many times of how you know how to love the ministry and especially give your respect and support to the "young minister" God places in your lives. You allow him to grow into what the Lord has placed in his heart and we respect you and give honor to you for your never failing love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Brenda. I did the same thing after we left Texarkana. I guess after you kind of relax after all the stress it(sickness) just kind of comes on you. Anyway, I'm happy for them. I know they will be a good pastor to the church there in Beaumont.

www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Gene Holley said...

We are so proud of Jon and Brenda! It is so awful to be sick when you want to be at your best! Our prayers are with them.

Cheri said...

Congrats on the new pastor and family in Beaumont, God richly bless the church in both Beaumont, and Ranger, God Bless, am praying for Sis Elms(Brenda)

Jana Allard said...

Blessings to Jon and Brenda and girls. I know you are so proud of them and rightfully so.