Saturday, April 16, 2011

Such Is Life

I was perusing through my "Friend's Status Updates" on Facebook this week and took note of how many different perspectives they had on what's happening in "their world".

Such as:

"Today is a beautiful day...I'm so glad it's spring!"

"We've had enough rain! Lord, help it to stop!"

"Dear Lord, we need some rain!"

"Somebody PRAY...wildfires are coming our way."

"I'm so happy. Life is beautiful."

"I sure wish Friday would get here. I've had enough of this week."

These are not direct quotes, but you understand the "feelings I saw" as I read.

There were also some who had "prayer requests" while others had "praise reports".

Then I thought...SUCH IS LIFE! One person can be sailing through life without a care in the world, while another is going through the darkest valley they've ever encountered. That's the way LIFE IS!

As the day has gone by, I came to a conclusion about this scenario. I realized this is the way God wants it to be. He knows if one of His children is going through "their valley", there are a lot more who have already "been in that valley" and have reached the top of the mountain, and they understand what their friend is going through. Because they have "been there, done that" they can reach back to their friend, take hold of their hand and say, "You're going to make it through! You will not be in this valley forever. God is walking beside you. I know, because I've been where you are."

Then, there are those who have not gone through a valley quite like the one they are witnessing in a friends life, and they do not know how to relate. But, one thing for sure, they can watch and learn "how" to walk through a valley when they happen to be thrust headlong down the mountain into their darkest valley.

I smile as I think about all of the different friends I have in my life, and the diversified personalities they have. It's fun being with people who are not just like me. I can learn from them and maybe help someone else because I've watched my friends as they've gone through desserts and valleys. I have a friend who seems to "laugh" at the most unusual happenings in their life. When I would be crying, they are laughing! I said something about it one day and their comment was, "Well Linda, what do you want me to do, CRY?" I laughed and said, "That's what I would be doing, but you just SMILE and LAUGH through your tears." I'm learning from my friend, that just because "something happens, hitting me in the head that I don't have to cry about it. I will be the first to admit, I haven't got that one down very well, but at least I have a goal to reach for.

I don't know if this is making a whole lot of sense to anyone except me, but I feel better "writing it down on paper" for myself. :-) If it helps you, then I will be thankful that maybe my feeble words struck a chord in your heart, and you can go through life singing a happy song. You might just see your friend struggling then you can say, "You're gonna make it...just keep walking"!

2 comments:

Visions From The Heart said...

Just what I needed tonight Sis. Elms.
May God richly bless you for following HIS lead!

Love, Sis. Naomi

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. That is exactly right. Sometimes I feel bad when I am on the mountain top and others are in the valley low. But you are right, that is life and we all have our valleys and mountain tops. Learn in the valley and rejoice on the mountain!

Linda (LAS)