I sometimes wonder where my thoughts come from, then realize it's what was "put in me" by my parents, husband, and godly men and women in my life. While sitting here at my computer I remember being cautioned about young men who were "playboys", not only in moral conduct, but in "spiritual conduct". I can hear it as if it were yesterday, "Linda, there are guys who claim to be preachers, but if they don't get hold of something more than they have they won't be around for long. Be careful of those "fly by night" preachers who don't take the work of God to heart." I heard my father's words in my memory today. As I write those words, I am reminded of another time sitting in a conference when Sis. Kilgore was very upset because some young men were being so "light hearted" during a move of the Spirit of God. She said, "I can't believe they have "no reverence" for the things of God".
I have lived long enough now to understand what Daddy and Sis. Kilgore were saying. I have also lived long enough to see those who were being referred to are no longer living in Truth and Righteousness. It makes me sad to think there are some who still "take the work of God lightly" and some still do not "reverence His presence", but I am not worried, and I'm sure not dismayed!
With the passing of some of the greatest men and women I have ever known, I believe something is being passed down to all of the generations following. I know a lot of young preacher's who love Truth and Righteousness and will let nothing stop them from living the whole Truth and preaching it! I encourage ALL preacher's and wives, no matter your age, to love God and the things of God like never before. Yes, there is a shaking going on, but I will not be shaken! Let the winds blow! Let storms arise! I intend to keep my anchor deep.
Thank you Daddy, Mother, Wendell, men and women of God for the "thoughts that invade" my mind so many years later. I owe a debt...I will pay it with loyalty to you, God, and generations following.
2 comments:
A beautiful post, Sis. Elms.
How thankful I am to God for allowing me to be a part of the future ministry but helping my husband and I raise up young men who love God the way you talk about, one of whom is preaching the truth and loving the Truth and Righteousness.
I'm thankful for my mom who raised me to love God and Truth, for if she had not, they may have been one less young man preaching to this hungry generation.
Love you much.
Tena, Yes, you have a lot to be thankful for and I know you're proud of your sons. Thank you for your kind words. Love you!
Post a Comment