Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pentecost Sunday '09 In Beaumont

Last week I was in Beaumont since Wendell was gone to his "Brothers Reunion". I stayed in my motorhome at the church, and spent some time "thinking, reading and writing". I was with Jonathan, Brenda and the girls some, and had a wonderful time. I can't be with my kids and not have a good time. It's always special being with all of them! In fact, I think I'm due a trip to Balch Springs to see Andrew, Mandy and the girls!!! I'm really missing them.

There was a lot of activity happening around the church, and Jonathan and Brenda are always busy doing "something". This particular week everyone was preparing for Pentecost Sunday, and it was a great success! From the beginning of the service that started at 2:00 it was wonderful. Each song was about the Holy Ghost, and the power of Pentecost! As the choir sang you could feel the anointing flowing through them and it was awesome!!! Bro. Wilbanks definitely "had it together" and as I praised and rejoiced I was still enthralled with the talent that he has. I think he can almost make the keyboards talk!

Sis. Heather Moore is the Drama Director and she had a "Choral Reading" about the Day of Pentecost. I had never seen this done and it was very interesting to me. Bro. Cole was sitting next to me during this time and he started feeling the anointing as the group "read/recited" the story. He turned to me at one point and said, "My, my, my! Isn't that wonderful!" It was so neat to be sitting next to this great man of God and hear him as he expressed his joy of the moment. Then, Sis. Moore and the Sign Team was so anointed as they signed to a song the choir was singing. WOW! (Karla, I can't think of the name right now...sorry) :) You'll have to ask Jonathan or Brenda!!! LOL

There was more special singing and all, then Pastor Elms preached a wonderful message! I know of one that got the Holy Ghost and heard there were some who had recieved their personal Pentecost again. It was great!! There's nothing like the spirit of God indwelling a persons heart.

After church we had "dinner on the ground". Bar-b-que brisket and chicken with all the fixin's. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and a whole lot of fun. Basketball, baseball, horseshoes, and volleyball were some of the main games played. The kids and adults had a wonderful time. There was also an outdoor concert with a lot of different ones from the church singing. Wendell and I had a "front row seat", because when the concert started we got our comfortable chairs and sat in front of the stage. A few joined us after awhile and we had a great time. Everyone else had found their "spot" and was comfortable to stay where they were, but loving music the way we do we wanted to be close and up front! LOL!

I could go on and on about the great time we all had, but I will let the slideshow "speak for itself". I didn't take a lot of pictures in the service, but I took quite a few outside...just not near enough. Forgive me for not putting captions on the pictures, but Rock You keeps messing things up and I don't know what to do to fix it.



Special note to Brenda: I stayed up "just for you" to get this slideshow done. LOL! Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Love You!

8 comments:

janet anglin said...

Looks like y'all had loads of fun! I LOVE the picture of you and Bro. Elms singing, but I always love to hear y'all sing. The slideshow was great. Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Janet, we did have a good time! We enjoyed singing. It's still "old fashioned" for sure! Love you!

Karla said...

Looks like a blast!

Linda Elms said...

Karla, it was! The stage they had out in the parking lot was awesome! They rented it from the City of Beaumont. NICE!

Gene Holley said...

Glad for the great results! Looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

WOW. I bet the concert was wonderful. I wish I could have
been there. Anon4

Anonymous said...

I was there! Gee, thanks for the "Great Blog Pic". Really ELEGANT! HAHAHA Had a Blast! Thanks for being my friend!
Song for Sis. Karla. "Baptized in Jesus"! The Day WAS GOOD!! Deb from Beaumont!

Linda Elms said...

Deb from Beaumont! I couldn't resist!!! You were having TOO MUCH FUN! LOL! I love you and always enjoy the times of visiting. Hope to see you soon.