Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Greatness Comes In "Dedicated Packages"

I really do not have the time to sit down and "blog" this morning, but when answering an email awhile ago I decided to go ahead and write a "thought" that HIT me. :) Most of the time that's how I "come up with" my posts. Here is what I wrote my friend.

It is funny how all the different personalities keep the world turning. If it wasn’t for the “planners”, all of us who just “love living” would get nowhere. If it wasn’t for the “loving life….just for the fun of it” people, the “planners” wouldn’t have as much fun! LOL! Of course, I’m just kidding, but it is interesting to watch.

Speaking of different personalities….I was thanking Jason Matthews the other day for all the hard work he does, and his reply was so typical of a TRUE musician/sound tech who LOVES God and ENJOYS his "talents and abilities". He said, “You know, this is FUN to me! People think that’s a little crazy, but I really do LOVE it!” He was saying this as he took down the P.A. system in the heat. On Saturday he had driven to Lufkin to pick up sound equipment, drove back, then set it up on Sunday morning…it took him hours, it seemed, to get it all done. Then Sunday afternoon, he played for different groups, sang, ran the P.A. (with some help) and took it down while everyone was “playing”! Monday morning he was going to drive back to Lufkin to drop it off, and that was all for ONE outdoor concert that lasted TWO HOURS at the most!!!!!! There’s going to be a special place in Heaven for such love and dedication.
Note: I may not have all the "days" correct for the "happenings" in Jason's schedule, but I think it's pretty close.

Now, let me say, "I have known this kind of dedication in SO MANY PEOPLE through life and I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who fall under this category. You LOVE where God has placed you and you LOVE using your talents for the Lord. Your deepest desire is to see the Kingdom of God grow, and whatever you need to do, you do it with all your heart, and "go beyond the call of duty".

I will not make a list of the people I know that are this dedicated, but I will say that in EVERY church there are people like this! SOMEBODY has to "help keep the church going" and it just may be YOU! It's not just in the music department where these kind of people live. It may be something totally "behind the scenes" that no one knows about, but EVERYONE is important to the Kingdom of God!

I read this quote this morning by Winston Churchill, and I said to myself, "that is perfect for the thoughts that have been flooding my mind".

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
This quote is SO TRUE! We must work to make a living and I thank God that He gives us this ability, but life wouldn't be worth living if we never "gave" of ourselves! The following quote by Benjamin Franklin pretty well wraps this whole thought up.

A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
Oh, how I wish I could express my appreciation for those of you who "keep the fire burning" in your churches.

Pastor
Pastor's Wife
Musician
Sound tech
Drama Director
Sunday School teacher
Bus Driver
Outreach Director
Assistant Pastor and wife
Youth Minister, Ladies Director
Music Minister
Maintenance/Building Overseer
Administrator, Secretary
Prayer Warrior
Children Minister
Outreach Director

There is no way to name all the "ministries of a church", but let me just say....THANK YOU for your UNSELFISH GIVING to the Kingdom! If it wasn't for EVERY one of YOU, God's work would go "unfinished". THANK YOU for your EXCELLENT SERVICE to God and your church. If you are a minister and minsiter's wife of the United Pentecostal Church...THANK YOU for your never ending love and support to see a great organization continue in preaching Truth! We really NEED each other and EVERYONE has something they can GIVE!

I don't know who said it, but I will end with this..."Love isn't love until you give it away."

No comments: