No, I don't have any pictures! I'm not even invited to be there! LOL!
I have decided I don't like Men's Conference, because I can't go be with everybody. :( I think I'm going to see if Bro. McLauglin will hire me to do something so I can be a part of this function, too. LOL! I could be the PHOTOGRAPHER...(ummm...I don't think that would work), or let's see...maybe...clean the bathrooms....NOOOOOO...I DON'T WANT THAT JOB!!! Ok....let's see...does anyone have a suggestion?
I know, I'm being silly, but it's hard NOT to go check things out...especially when you live a few yards from the Tabernacle door!
I MIGHT get to go visit with my husband and Bro. Randy Keyes...who by the way, calls me "his sister". Since we grew up together and my brother and him were best friends, I think I might can swing getting to say "hello", anyway.
Well, I'll see what happens, and will definitely fill you in if and when I hear what is happening in the meetings.
For all you ladies who are "husband-less" this week...PAMPER yourself! You'll have plenty of work to do when he gets home!
That brings a memory to mind:
When Jonathan and Andrew were still living at home and Wendell would leave for a trip and be gone for several days, the boys and I did EXACTLY as we pleased! LOL! If we didn't want to clean the house...we didn't! If we didn't want to eat at home...we didn't! If we wanted to stay up all night...we did! Whatever our hearts wanted to do...we did, but when it was time for him to come home, we straightened up and did everything that had been left "undone" and we were "perfect again"! LOL!!!! Of course, we were ready for him to come home and THRILLED when he walked through the door!
Just a little thought for you Mother's who are at home with the kids (by yourself). ENJOY the time you have with them. You'll look back with fond memories someday!
14 comments:
This is exactly what we did when Tracie went to ladies conference.....
One time I tied Redonia's hair up with a hot pink shoe string because it was the only way I coulf figure out how to get all that hair in a pony tail....
You could run the hospitality room. You are good at that and could still hear the services! You might could convience them to let you go ahead to the resturant and get a table! Or you could just run away and come visit Sis Karla or your Granddaughters :)
Bro. Smith, I can just see Redonia's hair tied up in a "hot pink shoe string"! LOL! At least you combed it. LOL!
Julie, thanks for the ideas! I might like the last one the best! :) My sister or granddaughters would be my choice. If I wasn't HERE it wouldn't matter that I'm not over there.
I can remember when the girls were little, I would come home from TWC and find that Keith had dressed them and combed their hair, but the clothes didn't match (he's color blind) and their hair was just "hanging". They WERE happy, content, and fed though, and that's all that mattered. They also had cleaned up their mess at home before I arrived, knowing how much I LOVE a clean house.
If I were you, I would find a way to make it inside the Tabernacle! It seems to me, that there are always a few men that make it and sit in the back at Ladies' Conference.
Carla, I can see the girls! LOL! I'm sure Keith was proud of what he did get accomplished BEFORE you got home. :) I am going to make my way over about 8:00 tonight. I'm getting to meet my husband!!! YAY...for me! :) I just feel like I would be intruding to go sit in the back like some men do at TWC. I guess it's the "gender role" that makes me so cautious! LOL! I'm glad you wrote and told me your story about Keith and the girls. Is Keith here at conference? I hope he got to come. Love you!
Ok your post and all the comments have made me laugh! Kent didn't add in that our family dislikes Panchos but for some odd reason they would go when I was @ TWC. They still giggle about going and hating it but going 'cause they could!
I usually go to bed early when Kent's gone. I clean the house and the office. I always like him to come home to everything being fresh. Of course I clean when he's here but there's something about doing it for him! This year Redonia and I enjoyed Cafe Express the first night and tonight Red Lobster. I KNOW that is not the best seafood place. Kent likes only the best but Redonia and I LOVE the biscuits.
I hope you can visit with Bro. Keyes. See you tomorrow!!!!
Tracie, I enjoyed reading your "memories",too! It's crazy how "little things" make such an impression in life! I LOVE "family stories" and how they make memories. It doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, but just "going to Pancho's just because they could" is fun. If they hadn't done that you wouldn't have this time to look back and "remember" and laugh with the "kids"! Thanks for sharing. By the way...I did get to visit with Bro. Keyes! :)
See you all tomorrow evening. Love you!
I have an idea...you sneak in there and scope it out, and see if there are any single men. If there are, send them my way. But then, I always live the way you and your boys did when your hubby was gone...hmmm (LOL)
Gayla, I have a better idea...YOU come scope it out. You could at least come and see ME! LOL! I'm sure you would enjoy it. Love you!
I told Randy I was jealous and for him to give you a hug, did he? :)
Okay, I have a great idea..... why don't you be one of the main speakers? I mean, we've had MEN seakers in the past, so why not have a lady speaker? Just a thought.
WOW!! I think you could have help them sale DVD's & CD's, or you could have help out on the organ, or...oh I think you should of heard Bro. Keyes sermon Friday night it was awesome. His title was "Focused On The Purpose". I drove up after work Friday with a friend, got to visit with other friends, But most of all I got to here this sermon by Bro.Keyes.
Mark
Janet, I don't think I would want the "speaking job"! LOL! I'll let the men speak at their own conference. I'd rather stay in the background. :) Love you!
Mark, I hear Bro. Keyes messages were great. I'm glad you could come and be here at least one night. Now, about the jobs...I think I could sell the CD's and DVD's without a problem. LOL! Thanks for your input.
Post a Comment