Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday May 17th Is a Special Day

I can't go to bed tonight without remembering Daddy on this day! It is already "early Monday morning", but if Daddy was still alive he would have turned 79 years old on Sunday May 17th!!! It just doesn't seem real that he is on the other side, and it sure doesn't seem real that he would have been 79 years old!!! I wish he could have been with me today as I sat by Lake Conroe and watched Logan Stovall catch fish. So, "IN MEMORY OF MURRAY L. LAYNE", a great fisherman and a man of God who loved to "fish for souls", I am posting this picture of a "neat young man" that we have fallen in love with today. Daddy would have LOVED Logan!!! I also want to say that I received a text from Tracie after church to tell me about a man who visited their church today and said he had "received the Holy Ghost in Houston when Bro. Layne was Pastor". She said, "he very affectionately spoke of your parents. I thought you would enjoy hearing about it!"

"Tracie, I enjoyed hearing about this happening today! It made my heart warm to hear about someone whose life had been changed because of Daddy preaching the Word of God to them. Thank you for sharing this very special moment with me."

I will write about our great weekend later on "this morning", but for now...I'm heading to bed. Have a great MONDAY! Goodnight!

Note: The picture of Daddy with all the fish was taken in Alaska when he was about 21 years old.

7 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Truly Bro Layne was special. Enjoyed your post.

iluv2prshim said...

Ahhhh....Daddy was such a great man. I miss him terribly. I think I might just go fishing in memory of him. :) Funny how I am the only one in the family that picked up that gene. LOL You guys just missed out by not going with him on his fishing escapades. Nothing like feeling the nibble of a fish on the end of your line. :) Thanks for the memories.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Wonderful post. Bro. Layne was definitely a fisher of men!

Tredway Tales said...

Sis. Elms,

I did not know your father, Bro. Murry Lane, but my grandparents spoke very highly of him. I would listen to Grandpa Tredway talk about Bro. Lane, and he would share some of his greatest memories. I know they are still sharing those memories on the other side. They are probably sitting on the banks of heaven fishing, sharing memories, waiting for us to arrive.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Sis. Hopper!

Ronda, I wish I would have fished with him,too. I do have fond memories of him fishing. :) One time he was fishing from the "bank" and I was behind him. When he cast out he caught the fish hook in the top of my head!!! LOL!! My memories are different from yours, but "still memories". :)

Kathy, you so right...a "fisher of men". Thank you for writing.

Tredway Tales...I can see them now as they "fish on the sunny banks of the river of life". I can also see them as they hear the sound of the trumpet from the portals of heaven, and they drop their fishing poles and start running to the gates to meet all of us as we come through the gates!!! What a day that will be! Thank you for writing today.

janet anglin said...

Bro. Layne was an amazing man and a GIANT in my eyes! I'm sure all of heaven is a much brighter place because of Bro. & Sis. Layne. It's going to be great seeing him on the other side!! Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Janet, Daddy loved you! Someday we'll be with them again. Love you!