I watched someone very dear to me go through a very hurtful and trying time. During this "time" there was frustration and anger. I saw the "hurt" in their eyes, and a "wall" that came up when their "situation" was talked about. The bright eyes of happiness and excitement they use to have changed to a "far away stare". THEY went into "survival".....and my heart cried. My heart was overwhelmed as I watched God pick them up and carry them to the Potter's House. I wanted to stop Him and beg, "PLEASE, PLEASE....DON'T TAKE THEM THERE!" Yet, I knew if He didn't, they would never be used in the way God wanted to use them. I also knew they were in a very "safe place"....in His house...on the Potter's Wheel.
When someone you love is carried off to the Potter's House, just "be there" waiting for them when they come walking out of the house. No, you can't go inside while He's working on them, for you might try to stop the hammer that's breaking them. You can only stand on the outside waiting. Trust the One who is "breaking" them and is in charge of "shaping" their life. Then...be patient and listen.....just listen........
"LISTEN!!! What's that I'm hearing?"
"LAUGHTER? YES! It is LAUGHTER!"
It's coming from inside the Potter's House!
"Is He finished with them?"
Yes...for this time, He is finished, and He has turned their sorrow into JOY!
As they step out into the ministry God has prepared for them, "Just Be There" to ENCOURAGE and CHEER THEM ON!
THEN....
You will "be there" by their side and hear them as they rejoice because of "what the Lord has done"!
You will "be there" when they walk beside you through the gates of splendor...never again to be placed on the Potter's Wheel.
Rewards will be given and you will "be there" to watch them as they receive their reward for being faithful servants!
You will "be there" to hear the words as they are said to the ones you loved and cared for..."WELL DONE...thou good and faithful servants......
There is so much more to life than what we can "get" for ourselves.
"Be There" for someone who needs you...and you'll be glad you were!
6 comments:
You have spoken mighty and incredible words, Thank you for sharing your heart.
Love and Miss you
Sis. Paula
Oh my goodness...the most incredible post ever! Sis. Elms this needs to be published. Wow!!!
You are most probably being used to minister to people thru this today.
Thank you for a very meaningful thought!
Mervi
Wow! As someone who is currently in the Potter's House, your words spoke directly to my spirit and gave me hope. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and confirming that, one day, I won't any longer be in "survival" mode and joy and laughter will return in my life.
Beautiful post and very well written!
Beautiful!!!
Post a Comment