We have started our "tour" of the district. This week we have been to two sectional conferences and have seven more to go! Two more this week, four next week, and one later in January. That will make a total of nine sectional conferences we will have been to by the end of January! We are really enjoying meeting more preachers and their wives, and seeing the ones we've known for years. Everyone has been so good to us and making us feel "right at home".
Tonight my husband had a neat thing happen to him. We were eating dinner at the church in Newton when he turned to me and said, "Sue Beasley is here." I asked, "Who's that"? He said, "She was my Sunday School teacher when I was a little boy!!!! I was in love with her and wanted to marry her, and when she got married it made me so mad!!"
Through the years I have heard him speak of Sue Beasley, but I don't think I had ever met her. Of course, I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE!


Sunday School teachers....how will your "Sunday School children" feel when they see you 10, 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years from now? I loved hearing the excitement in my husband's voice as he was telling me about "his" Sunday School teacher when he was a child.
The "family of God" is such a neat family! It seems everywhere we go we're running into people that have a "connection" to us from somewhere, or someone. I can only imagine what Heaven will be like!
12 comments:
Awesome post, Sis. Elms. I think I'll use this Saturday at our leadership meeting.
Looking forward to seeing you Friday.
TOO COOL! We never know who we are making an impression. Sis. D from B
Aww. That's neat.
That's so awesome. It made me start thinking about some of my favorite Sunday School Teachers. :)
How cool that he met her again, I love how God works!
Sunday School is an absolute must! Look at the effects it has even this many years down the road!
She seems like a lovely lady but I sure am glad he waited and married you instead!!!LOL
Well, how neat is that?! I have many happy memories of Sunday School as a kid and when I was a teacher!
Sis Elms,
This lady and her husband, retired missionaries, are now attending our church. I am sure that seeing Bro. Elms made her day! My husband said that your husband's comments were really funny!
Tracie, that would be good! If I had a "leadership meeting" to be in charge of I'm sure I would be using this story. :) I'm looking forward to seeing you Friday, too.
I'm glad he married me, too! LOL!
Sis. Burks, were you at the meeting the other night? I don't think I met you. Just trying to remember everyone I've met. :)
We never know the influence we have as teachers. That is so neat. Love you...
No, Sis. Elms, I wasn't at the meeting, I deeply regret not being there. I do look froward to meeting you. I know it must be difficult to remember everyone!
Thanks for the comments on my blog page! I am just getting started, but already, I love it!
Bless you
Teachers touch eternity....We never know what influence we are having. Especially teenagers, who don't want you to know if you are actually 'getting through'. I've taught so many classes over the years, and sometimes felt discouraged by what felt like a lack of 'connection'.
Just this year I have begun receiving emails from some former students, or have them connect to me on EA. I've been amazed by the comments...
Teachers should never feel discouraged. Sometimes the seed we plant doesn't come up in the next week. My husband says we are planting asparagus, which takes two years to mature. lol.
Great post, Sis. I'd love to meet some of my Sunday School teachers, just to give my heartfelt thanks.
Susan Kunkel
Post a Comment