Sunday, January 04, 2009

MAP Weekend

I have just completed one of the most exciting and fulfilling weekends of my life!!!! I wish there was a way to describe what has happened at MAP. At first, I was a little nervous, but my nervousness was mixed with excitement. I couldn't hardly wait for the seminar to begin, yet didn't really know what to expect.

As the preachers and wives began to arrive you could feel an expectancy in the air. As the classes began I could see the eagerness in the faces of our beautiful Pentecostal ladies. You could feel a hunger for the Word of God, and any "nugget" they could get to help them in ministry. Every class was a wealth of information given for each level of ministry. I was so blessed and thankful to hear the doctrines taught that we hold dear to our hearts, practical ministry subjects, and information on working with people. The presence of God came into the classes as instruction was given.

I was sitting in one of the classes as Sis. Watkins finished teaching and felt the presence of God. He didn't come in with trumpets blasting or with a thunderous voice, but in a "quietness" that captivated our hearts. When I opened my eyes I noticed we were all experiencing His presence.

There were many instances this weekend when we were in different classrooms, with different subjects being taught and I would hear sounds of praise and worship coming from down the hall or another area of the building. It was powerful and life changing!!!

As I experienced this weekend I was thinking about all those who hasn't had the opportunity to go through the classes offered, and wished it were different. As a young ministers wife I wish I could have gone through these classes. It would have enhanced my life greatly!

What can I say to tell you so you would understand? My words are so limited!!! It's very frustrating to want to tell you how awesome and powerful MAP was, yet can't express to you the power, the knowledge given, the camaraderie, and the spirit of the whole seminar! I guess you would just have to experience it for yourself. I recommend it to any preacher and his wife who wants to come and wants to be or already is a part of the United Pentecostal Church. This church is ALIVE and WELL! I love what it stands for! I have never felt more encouraged about WHO we are, WHAT we believe, and WHERE we're headed.

Blessings to you as you continue on the "journey".

This world, this world is not my home.
This world, this world is not my home.
This world is not my resting place.
This world, this world is not my home.

I can honestly say that I don't feel at "home" in this world, but while I am waiting for the Lord's return I'm going to do my best to let others know this glorious gospel, and lead them to know what it's like to experience the "true beauty of holiness".

Note: I did not take one picture! That's really different for me, but I was very, very, very busy, and then for some reason I just didn't feel to take any. I felt this was a "personal and sacred time" for those who were attending, so I honored that.

11 comments:

Karla said...

Glad you enjoyed it. (I knew you would!!)

I understand about not taking pictures - sometimes it just feel intrusive.

Linda Elms said...

Karla, I thought you would understand where I was coming from. I guess we'll always "think alike". Love you and miss you, but I will see you next week!!!

Tracie Smith said...

Trent and Calah came home 'pumped'. You would have been proud of the difference in the annointing that rested on each of them as they lead our church in worship last night. The Fergusons stayed over with family but I did get a very exciting text from her. Without the church even realizing it MAP touched our entire congregation last night.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

It sounds wonderful and I too understand about the pictures. Sometimes something happens in our services and I would love to have it recorded by photo but the moment is jut too sacred. Wouldn't have been wonderful if we had had those kind of classes when we were getting started?
I knew you would do a great job. I prayed for you and the meeting several times during the weekend.
My love...

Jeanetta Orange said...

So glad to hear the good report!! I knew you'd do a great job. Your heart is in it and God anoints. Pictures record 'a moment.' And keeps that moment alive in our memory. There's no way you could capture in a picture what will continue on and on in the lives of those attending. And the ministry of each couple (that you have had a part in) will keep that memory alive.

Anonymous said...

Sis Elms, Map was outstanding! Words cannot begin to tell of how great it was. We were deeply touched in many ways through out the weekend. You are such a classy Lady. Your words carried much wisdom as you taught. The wealth of information will be carried our whole life. Thank you for being a wonderful example to the Ministry. We love you and your whole family!
Sis Leah Bearce Beaumont,Texas

janet anglin said...

I knew if anyone could handle this job and be successful, it would be you!! You're an amazing lady with MANY talents!!! I am shocked, however, that not one picture was taken. LOL! Love you so much!

Unknown said...

Sis Elms, My son and his wife were at this MAP siminar...they are currently pastoring a church in Jasper, Tx. and doing a great job. I can hardly wait to hear what they have to say about their weekend! Thanks for being a part of their growth!!

iluv2prshim said...

Awesome! I knew it would be great. I remember sitting in classes with Sis. Holley and Sis. Neely teaching. I don't think they called it MAP back then but it was very informative. I have carried some of that teaching with me down through the years.
I knew you would do great! I also understand not taking any photos.

Tammy Bryant said...

I know something you don't know............but you have to go to my blog, yes I did say blog.

Have a great week and love ya!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend. I know you were a blessing. I had a blast doing the panel with you. Love you!