Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vacation Continues

I was "ordered" by a friend to post some of my pictures from our trip, so I guess I better do it! LOL! Really, I haven't taken a lot of different pictures this time. I've tried to capture the beauty of where we've been, but there is no way to show you all the colors on the trees. Here are just a few pictures of where we've been.

I love old barns! I don't know what it is, but they are so intriquing to me.


. Most of the pictures were taken from the car as we drove along the "back roads". Sometimes I only had a "split second" to take it, because there would be a telephone pole, or wires invading the beauty. This little white house looked so inviting as we passed by. I wonder if there was a grandma inside cooking dinner? Here is a "tabacco barn". If you look close enough you can see tobacco leaves hanging inside.
We were driving along and all of a sudden this Amish horse and buggy was there! I almost missed the picture!One thing I've always loved about this part of the country are the "fall arrangements" in the yards. This was at a "town square" in a small town we were driving through.I loved this one at Pigeon Forge! LOL!Give a "hungry man" a fried chicken dinner and you make him happy! We were at the Old Mill Restaurant and it was a delicious home cooked meal! I had the pork chops. I must say I have never had better!Give me an ice cream cone, and you make me as happy as the "hungry man"! LOL!While we were in Pigeon Forge we went to the Comedy Barn. When "Slim Chance" started juggling and telling his jokes Wendell laughed and laughed!!! I love to see him lost in laughter.The "story teller" is hilarious, also! He is very "quick witted" and had us laughing again.It does you good to spend an evening laughing. As they said before the show started, "you will feel better when you leave tonight, because you will be laughing". We definitely felt better!

We went on a "scenic route" and there was so much traffic that to drive the "whole loop" it would have taken 2-3 hours, so we took a "cut through road".We are now in Branson, but realized after we arrived that this week is when they are preparing to open for the Christmas season. Some of the shows are closed until Saturday night, which will be their first showing, but we will be on our way to home. We really don't mind not being here, because we are getting ready to be home.

8 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Oh I'm disappointed!!! When you said Comedy Barn I just knew if I kept scrolling I'd see Bro. Elms being 'bonked' on the head! Trent was picked then a few months ago a family from our church went and 'he' got picked. Tell Bro. Elms I was rooting for him. lol

I LOVED the scenery. Thanks for sharing with us. I love the Elms, too!!!

Karla said...

I love the tree in front of the white house where a grandma is cooking dinner (she's probably making a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, too)!!!

Glad y'all are having fun.

Lynn said...

I think I spotted another #1 Farley Fan photo!!! One question: How did you know the horse was Amish? Was he wearing a distinctive harness? I personally thought he looked Baptist, but that's just me. :)

Lynda said...

From a mom who is in the middle of hectic toddler years AND teenage years(which I am really learning to enjoy and love BOTH), your scenic pictures look very peaceful and lovely. Glad you all are having a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the pictures. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and I also love old barns. I think the grandma in the white house was probably making homemade bread too.!!! Have a great time!! You deserve it!!

janet anglin said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I'm so glad y'all are enjoying yourselves. I'm also disappointed you won't get to take in the Christmas shows in Branson. I've heard they're awesome. Please be careful coming home, and I'll see y'all in a few weeks. Love you!

iluv2prshim said...

That "grandma" is making Coconut Cream Pies!!! For Sure!!! :)
Love the pictures.
I can't believe you went to Presley's without me. LOL

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, I told my husband you were "rooting for him". LOL! He just smiled. He would have been a perfect choice. Maybe next time! :)

Karla, the CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING sounds good to me! :) Put that with Vicki's HOMEMADE BREAD, and Ronda's COCONUT CREAM PIE, we've got a good country cookin' well on its way! I think we need to add, FRIED CHICKEN, MASHED POTATOES AND CREAM CRAVY, CORN ON THE COB, GREEN BEANS WITH ONION, and....whatever anyone else would like to add! LOL!

Lynn and Farley, the "Amish Horse" is AMISH because it was "wearing BLACK", and his hooves were not "painted". :) He was pulling a black AMISH buggy, with AMISH inside who was wearing BLACK! I just figured BLACK horse, BLACK buggy, and BLACK clothes = AMISH! How's that? LOL! I really did think about that statement before posting, but went ahead with my "observation"! LOL!

Lynda, I hope the pictures gave you a "break from the stresses of life". :) Too soon the little ones, and teenager will be grown and gone. :)

Vicki, I'm glad you LOVED the pictures! :) I agree with you about the bread, too. (see my comment to Karla)

Janet, it's okay that we don't get to see the Christmas shows. (I guess) :( Maybe next year. See you soon!

Ronda, you're right about the PIE! (see my comment to Karla) LOL! I wish you would have been with me tonight.