Monday, October 13, 2008

Travelling....Good for Your Health?

Today "had been an uneventful day".  After yesterday we needed a "break"!!  :)  We drove through more beautiful country, and noticed the further we drove the more "color" began showing up on the trees.  I love this time of year!  I didn't get a lot of pictures today, but I did quickly snap this one (with my little camera) as we were travelling at about 65 mph.  I thought it turned out rather well, since I only had a "second" to push the button!

We arrived at our hotel feeling good, and all was well UNTIL.....OH NO.....here we go again! :( Before going on with my "uneventful day", I have just one question to ask.  

Has anyone seen a "person" called "Trouble" following us?  :)  

I went down to the hotel Business Center to use the computer and printer, picked up some milk, water, and Diet Coke, and some snacks to have in case we got hungry before going to sleep.  I got back to the room without dropping it, put it down, then started unpacking.  I really was doing just fine, and then it happened!!!!!!  The bedspread was hanging on the floor, and as I turned, my toe got TANGLED UP in the corner of the bedspread.  I really was doing just fine.....until.....SLAM, BANG, OUCH.....I was thrown to the floor of the bathroom.  YES, IT HURT BAD!!!  NO, I DIDN'T BREAK ANYTHING!!!  YES, I HAD TO CRY!!!  IT HURT REALLY, REALLY BAD!!!  I THINK I will be fine in the morning when I wake up, but I am a little concerned about getting my left foot in its shoe for conference.  It hurts pretty bad, and is swelling some, but I will be JUST FINE.....I think :)

I'm beginning to think traveling might be bad for my health!  LOL!  After my blood pressure went up yesterday over my camera getting busted, and my body being slammed to the floor without giving me any warning, it just might be better for me to "sleep in" and "take it easy" for a few weeks!!!  The only problem is, I really want to see my friends and family this week, and if I don't get to I just might have a "hissy fit"!  (whatever that is)  

So, if you're reading this blog, and think I've just about "lost it", you just might be RIGHT!  :)

14 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, I'm up much to0 late tonight in Savannah. I read your blog and 'busted out' laughing. I told Kent to listen and read to him and you guessed it he just hollered out! You are too much!!!! I'm sorry we laughed but you just told it so 'colorful'.

I had just read of your woes of yesterday so it just seemed funny. Let's see surely one of us could push you around in a wheel chair or better yet rent you a scooter for conference if needed. :) Let us all know how sore you are tomorrow. You know the older we get we don't bounce when we fall.

Thanks for the laughs....

ps we can only laugh with someone we love!

kathy said...

Yes, I knew I could count on you for quite an adventure. lol You are just too funny. 8)

I do hope your foot isn't terribly bad so you'll enjoy the rest of your trip, especially conference. However, the scooter idea is kinda cute. lol

Take care of yourself!

Karen J. Hopper said...

What an adventure, and we are getting to enjoy it with laughter all the way. It's the "Merry Heart" thing.

Don Ryan said...

Hurry up and get to Greensboro before you REALLY hurt yourself. It's lovely here.

Christina said...

Sister Elms,
Don't get discouraged by all the eventful things happening on your trip. This probably just means God has something excellent for you to recieve at Conference! Your going to have a great time regardless of the mishaps. Continue to look forward to the Conference and what God is going to do for you, through you, and to you. Love you and hope your day is a GREAT one!

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing My thought is this...
Jesus I rebuke the enemy and all his mishaps from this moment on. I pray the, to place Guarding Angels around my Brother And Sister Elms where ever their feet shall stride. From now until they rezoom the there duties at Texas District. Bless them at conference with a new direction and a new annointing of fresh oil from the top of there heads to the bottom of their feet. I asked lord that anything the enemy has taken or broken would be replaced by you 10 fold. We speak this in the name of Jesus!!! LET IT BE SO!!
God Bless you Brother And Sister W. Elms.
I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
Bro. Mark B. in B

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that I guess that means we have a lot of good blogs are ahead for us.. God is planning to give you more inspirations and yes the devil wants to stop it but it isn't going to happen..I am with Christina and Bro Mark that we just need to pray for you.. We all love you and the efforts that you put for the cause. Be careful ..
ANON 4

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just stay in bed for a few days with the covers pulled up over your head until the "storm" passes! Haha. I know someone that you are related to that this sounds like. Her initials are DLS! Take care of yourself. Maybe a protective space suit is a good idea?!

janet anglin said...

You're amazing, Sis. Elms! You're the only one I know that meets up with "trouble" and still comes out smiling and a good attitude!! I do hope the rest of your trip is uneventful and FUN!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I hope your foot feels better in the morning in Jesus name! I agree with Christina, God must have something awesome in store for yall at conference! Love you!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I am howling as I write this. YOU are so funny and have such a way with words. Even though your calamities are not funny, your writing is so vivid we feel like we are there with you. Love you and hope to see you.

Jana Allard said...

The adventure continues tomorrow in Chapter Three. LOL Sorry, but I laughed, too. I do hope your foot is better.

Anonymous said...

I hope your foot is better! On a different note, the picture of the barn looks like a postcard!!! You're good!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Linda Joyce,
I can't believe you are having so many mishaps.
About your foot...take care of it.I fell about 6 weeks ago and broke my foot in 2 places. I did not go to the doctor at first until Gary and Juanita came over...they changed my mind. it was swelling, the doctor ordered x-rays..
it was broken...then I had to wear the big boot, now I am wearing the shoe. My foot has healed well. I tried to stay off it and
stayed home a lot. We had been debating for several months about going to conference...when I broke my foot well..

Let us know how you are.

I loved the barn picture...
I enjoy barns, country roads,

Thinking of the many good times we had at conference time with Murray and Lila.
They often came to our house in New Mexico on way to conference

Take care

Aunt Joyce