Then, the first rattle out of the box this morning, my "nose piece" on my glasses FELL OFF and went down the bathroom sink drain! Wouldn't you know it had to be on a Sunday when "eye glass doctors" are closed? As frustrating as it is to wear glasses that are digging into your nose, I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Oh well! I'll get them fixed Monday. The "digging" hasn't been too bad, but the "sliding down my nose" has been a little frustrating! :)
Most of today was cloudy and cool as we travelled the Natchez Trace in Mississippi,
Now about the part in my title that says...."it could be worse".
We arrived in Florence, Alabama this evening, unloaded the car and Wendell pushed the button to raise the top of the car. He didn't know I had put our nice Nikon camera case on the part of the car that raises so that the convertible top can come up and close! I was taking care of the luggage cart and when I turned I saw my camera case on the ground!!!! I went over and picked it up, hoping all the time the camera was okay. We didn't check until we got to the room, but when Wendell opened the case he said, "UH-OH"! I knew it was not a good sound!! When he pulled the camera out the lens was hanging loose from the camera. He tried to put it back together, but noticed the wiring had also broken inside. Needless to say it was pretty much shattered and now we're going to have to buy another LENS! He is at this moment sitting at the desk, looking on the internet to buy one. Oh me! I feel so bad about sitting it on top of the car, and he feels bad for not checking before he raised the roof for the night. He looked at me awhile ago and said, "It's nobody's fault." Isn't that sweet of him? I'm glad neither one of us "raised the roof" over the situation! LOL! Then of all things.....I went to get something out of my purse, and spilled Diet Coke on Hampton Inns WHITE comforter on the bed!!!!! But, the bad part about this is, it was on my husband's side of the bed!!! It cleaned up pretty good, so I'm not too stressed over that "mistake", but he might have to sleep between "damp sheets"! :(
After a beautiful day of traveling, with my "glasses sliding down my nose", the camera breaking, and me spilling coke on a hotel comforter....I started feeling pretty helpless, stressed out, frustrated, and many more feelings that ran through my head. While I was sitting on the couch feeling a little "down", a thought came to me..."I haven't had a bad day, I've had a GOOD DAY with several bad things that "happened"! It's how you look at "life" when things don't go the way you think they should that makes your life either worthless or worth living. After everything that happened "wrong" today, I started thinking...
I don't have a son fighting in a war on foreign soil....I have two sons "fighting in a battle for souls" at churches they pastor.
I don't have a child in prison....because they have been set free from the chains of sin.
I am not sitting in a dark room in depression....because God loves me, and I have family and friends who love me.
I don't have to worry about where my husband is tonight....because he loves me, I love him, and we love making memories together, even when we "break a camera" and we have to replace it so we can make "more memories together".
I just have to say, "God is good, and life is worth living"....even when "glasses are sliding down my nose" and "coke is spilled on the comforter"!
Just remember....It Could Be Worse!
12 comments:
Sis Elms you are sooo funny! I love hearing the stories. Keep us tuned in on the vacation. Glad you are taking us along!
WOW what a start! Talk about making memories. LOL I know you'll have a great time! Enjoy it to it's fullest and keep us posted on your adventures. =)
I'm sooo excited for Andrew and Amanda.
I am just thankful it was not the laptop!!We would never have known.....Lord Bless and have a good day! Sis. Deb from B.
Enjoyed going along with you today. And that was some fine packing to get all your things to fit. Have a safe, refreshful trip.
Remember next time you loose a nose piece that any walgreens or walmart or any store will have replacements pads and screws with a tool for 99 cents. I love your explanation of the trip. Please keep us posted during the conference. North Carolina is a beautiful country.
Anon 4
I love the stories you tell and pictures you take along the way on all of your journeys. Even with mishaps, you are always able to laugh and find something to be happy about. That is what I love about being your friend. Thanks for sharing your trips with us....it makes me feel like I'm there with you, enjoying the trip. Love you!!
LOL! I thought you was going to say you had a blow out or something horrible like that. :) Glad it was only glasses and a camera. Although if that happened to my camera I would be in the floor bawling like a baby. Yeah right! LOL Glad you are having a good time and hope today was better for ya'll.
Why can't y'all ever lay something inexpensive on top of the car?
LOL!!!! I enjoy your adventures with you. Love you and looking forward to seeing you here in NC
Your right, it could have been worse. ATTITUDE is everything! We can be grateful for the things God has given us and have a wonderful day! I enjoyed your blog today.
Anonymous, you would think we would "learn our lesson"! LOL!
Have a good trip! We love you
Susanne &family
Post a Comment