
For those of you who knew my Mother well, you will remember at times she would mention Herkimer and Cecil in Branson, then sit and giggle a little while. She loved Herkimer! I had a chance to take a picture with him and Cecil tonight. Ronda and Karla, I wish ya'll would have been with me!
Wendell was talking to Herkimer and I stepped back to take a picture. When I did Herkimer noticed what I was doing, and "posed" with Wendell! After I took the picture Herkimer asked, "Could you tell which one was ME?"

He's one of the funniest comedians I've ever seen. Herkimer has been "making people laugh" for 40 years here in Branson.

Cecil, Herkimer's son, joined him when he was a little boy making it "twice the fun" ! He is hilarious and refers to himself as a "trained idiot"!


We visited Uptown Cafe today and ate a delicious hamburger!

Uptown Cafe holds special memories for us from when the boys were teenagers. We came to Branson with Bob, Donna, and Kyron Myre. One day we went to this cafe and Donna and Jonathan had a contest to see who could drink their Coke the fastest. After a lot of laughing and fun, Jonathan won! Of course, Donna says he stuffed her straw with paper! It's a wonder she didn't suck it down her throat and choke! LOL!
Wendell walked out of the cafe "full and happy" once again! :)

Oh the memories flood my mind tonight. We've had so much fun through the years with friends and family.
Many years ago we had a couple "family vacations" here in Branson with Daddy, Mother, Karla, Keith, Ginger, Carmen, Shara, Ryan, Wendell, Me, Jonathan, Andrew, Nathan, Ronda, Nathaniel, and Danelle. We rented a place for all of us to stay on Table Rock Lake and had a blast! I'm so glad we made memories as we were "growing up", and continued to "have fun and make memories" even after we were "grown and married"! Karla was the only one left to get married, so she was like the "big sister cousin" to all the "little cousins". What fun!
13 comments:
I LOVE Branson!! I, too, have fond memories of vacationing there with friends.Herkimer and Cecil are hysterical. Glad you are having a great time!
I LOVE Branson - and Cecil & Herkimer - they're my favorite!!! I refuse to go to Branson without seeing the Presley's!
Loved the family vacations. I'm pretty sure Nathaniel, Danelle and Ryan were all part of at least one of those family weeks. Nathaniel was probably at both of them.
Karla, I couldn't remember. I'll just add them and Ronda, Ginger, Nathaniel, Ryan, nor Danelle will ever know the difference. LOL! It seems like so long ago. I guess the kids are getting OLD!
Jana, thank you! We always enjoy Branson. It would be nice if we all showed up at the same time some year!
Two of my favorites! The Presleys and taking pics of my kids in front of the yellow car at the cafe! Glad yall are having fun and are able to relive some good family memories, too.
Branson is fun! A lot of people in California really don't understand why so many people love to go to Branson!
I am just ornery enough that I have to make comment to Debbie's comment. Most of "those California people" have heard all their life it was a sin to go to Branson. LOL Well, it's either that or they think California has everything and nothing out of California can possibly be good. LOL
So the other night Dad was preaching and he mentioned Branson and NOBODY in the church knew what he was talking about! It's like life ends at the Sierra Nevada's!!
Of course I remember at least one trip to Branson. I remember getting really sun burnt on the lake!
Fun! Fun! Fun! I love Branson, Herkimer and Cecil. When Nathan forgets someone's name (which is quite often) he calls them Herkimer. LOL
We have some very fond memories of Branson. :)
Sis Elms,
I have many fond memories of Branson, as I lived there when I was a teenager for about 6 months. I later lived a few miles from there for several years.
Of course, Silver Dollar City cost 25 cents and had five attractions. I lived in the Branson Hotel when it was a five story hotel(on the third floor)
We ate many meals with dad at Table Rock and spent many afternoons in the amazingly beautiful countryside. There really were not many entertainment things there at that time.
The country side is a great place in the fall colors.
We love Branson! Glad you are having such a great time.
I have MANY happy memories of Branson, too! I guess it has to be my favorite place to visit (as far as the United States is concerned)! I'm glad y'all have had a good time there.
Ya'll are all so funny! GO BRANSON! GO BRANSON! LOL! Well, I'm glad I'm among friends. You can tell it doesn't take much to make us happy. :) By the way, I don't think I've ever been to Silver Dollar City! If I have, I sure don't remember it. LOL! I think I will try to do that next time we go.
Bro. Hallford, you have lived EVERYWHERE! LOL! I'm sure Branson was quite a nice, quiet place "way back then". :) Thank you for sharing more of your memories with us.
SIS. JANET....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you!
Post a Comment