Every year at General Conference we have the "Elms Family Reunion". This year we got to see some of the "kids" that are growing up, and we got to meet one of the youngest. We enjoy our time together. This year was on Jonathan's birthday. The day before was Scarlet's birthday, so they celebrated together.
In our family we have two Linda's, two Scarlet's, two Savanna's, two David's, a Melody and a Melanie. LOL! It can get real interesting at times! LOL! There are FOUR Elms Brothers, and FOUR Elms Nephews. All of them are preacher's/pastors. When we're all together I love to watch when someone walks up and says, "Bro. Elms". You ought to see all their heads turn! LOL! Two of our nieces married preachers. Melody (David and Linda's daughter) married Glen, and they pastor a growing church in Greensboro, NC. Rolonda, (Royce and Annette's daughter) married Nathan, and he is a preacher! They assist Royce in the church he pastors in Amarillo. I am so thankful for the family I am a part of, and feel humbled that God has let us be used in His Kingdom!
We missed the rest of the family who was unable to be there this year. I wish you all could have been with us!
Pop and Mom Elms, you were awesome saints of God and raised your four sons to love God. You were TRUE Christians, faithful, loving, consistent, loyal to Pastor David F. Gray, involved in the work of God, and never wavered! You never spoke negative about your church or pastor. Now, we see the "fruit of your labor". THANK YOU!
Please forgive me for writing a personal message to my wonderful in-laws. They have been gone for many years now, but I am thankful everyday for the life they lived while here on earth. Someday, we will all meet on the other side and will have a Heavenly Family Reunion. It will be a great day!
4 comments:
Sis. Elms, these pictures are great!! I know y'all had a wonderful time with family, and it was so nice that y'all could get together! I can't get over how much Bro. Elms looks like his mother!! Have fun on the rest of your trip. Love you!
I love family gatherings! This year will be the first time in many years that all the Smiths will be together for Christmas. I'm so excited. I'm glad you had a good time. We look forward to seeing you back in Texas!
Ahhhh....I love ALL the Elms! Great people. It was good to see pictures of Glen and Melody and David and Melanie's kids. They are all grown up now. :) Nathan and Charla's baby is a doll too. Good times!
I love all your pictures, but the ones of Durant captured my heart the most. He is such a beautiful baby and his darling personality is evident in his photos.
Post a Comment