Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Been a Long Time

I hope ya'll have missed me as much as I've missed YOU!  :)  Really, I have finally stopped for a few hours and thought I would sit down and write a post.  It's amazing how much I think about "blogging" when I am unable to do so.  I've "jumped" on the "blogs" and skimmed over my friends and families posts this week, but haven't sat down and "taken them all in" as I usually do.  I've missed it, too! 

Last weekend we were in Quitman with the Clark's.  We had a fantastic time!  They are like family to us and we always enjoy being with them.  Mallory and Taylor and beautiful young ladies, and love God. I love seeing children who have grown up in the church, and love God with all of their hearts! It's a great example of what the church can do to "save our children".  I've said it many times, and still believe it..."We did our best to raise our boys to love God and serve Him, but we didn't raise them by ourselves!  We had a church who loved us and loved our boys, and they helped us bring them up to serve the Lord!"  Thank you, saints of God, who love the pastor and his family so much that you stand with them, arm in arm, and fight for the saving of our children!  

Keith and Carla, ya'll are wonderful and we are so PROUD of what God has done "through you".
We got home from Quitman, and I loaded my car with my suitcases and left for Pflugerville to be with Karla, and to shop the rest of the week!  I had the top down on my convertible and was having a wonderful, relaxing trip when I felt the "road changed".  Then, I felt something strange in my steering, put my foot on the brake, and I KNEW something was WRONG!  My car did not want to be controlled, so I slowly brought it to a stop...on the side of the road...got out of the car and walked around to the back.  I heard a "hissing" sound, and saw that I had a FLAT TIRE!!!  The whole tire looked like it had been cut with a knife, except for one small section!  It looked really strange. Here I was out in the "middle of no where"!  Now, what was I suppose to do?  I got back in the car and called my husband and told him what had happened.  While I was talking to him a "work truck" pulled over and backed up to my car and FOUR men got out of the car.  I told Wendell it looked like I had some help, but he insisted on me calling 911, "just in case" I needed help from an officer.  I called, and they stayed on the line with me while the "work guys" changed my tire.  The police didn't have time to get there for me, because the men had changed the tire so fast, and I was back on the road in a very short time!!!  Thank you, Jesus!  Of course, they had to put the "do-nut" on my car, and I had to drive no faster than FIFTY the rest of the way to Pflugerville, but I made it!I had a wonderful week shopping with Karla.  I love having her with me when I shop, because she "makes me" try clothes on!  LOL!  For all of you "shop-a-holics", I know you don't believe there could be a woman alive that doesn't like to shop, but you have just met one!  :)  I usually only shop out of necessity!!!  "Necessity" calls only about twice a year for me, but when it "calls", Karla always makes it "more fun"!  

We got to see my "best friend, Vicki" while I was there.  Karla and I met her for dinner on the last night.  It is always good to see Vicki.  She makes me laugh!
There were a couple of things that happened this week that once again made me thankful to be living for God.  Karla and I had gone to eat a "late night supper" at IHOP and a waitress came to our table and asked, "Are ya'll United Pentecostal"?  We said, "yes", and she came back with, "Not Assembly of God, but United Pentecostal?"  We smiled and answered her again, "Yes, we are United Pentecostal".  She then asked, "Can you tell me where I can find a United Pentecostal Church?"  Karla gave her directions to a church in Austin.  

Then, when we went to eat with Vicki I noticed a couple sitting over to the side of the restaurant, not far from our table.  Almost as soon as we sat down the lady who was sitting to the side, came to our table and said, "Excuse me, but, are ya'll United Pentecostal?"  We once again said, "Yes, we are!"  We had some conversation with her, and found out she had recently moved there, and her "friends mother" had just moved in with them.  The "mother" was a United Pentecostal saint, and they were looking for a church for her to go to.  I noticed when we walked in that "the couple" was "hugged up" in the booth, and there was an alcoholic drink sitting in front of the man.  After the lady came to our table, and returned to hers, we noticed they were no longer "hugged up" and the man seemed a little uncomfortable.  He sure had his guard up!  I said to Vicki and Karla, "You know, I imagine there is a little mother at home who has been praying for her son to come back to God, and we just "happened" to walk into the same restaurant where her son was at."  I am sure God was once again putting someone in the cross-road of this man's life, and was saying, "Come home...come home!" 

After all of the conversation, and directions given to our inquiring friend, Vicki looked at us and said, "See there!  We just walked in and was a witness!"  She was right!  If we had looked like "the world", and "acted like the world", neither one of these ladies would have come to us inquiring about the United Pentecostal Church!  I will say once again.....I LOVE MY LIFE!  I LOVE LIVING FOR GOD and being separated from this world.  There is nothing I "do not do" that I "want to do"!  I guess you could say, "I'm Happy Where I'm At"!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure glad you are back on blog. I really get addicted to this blog and I was suffering withdraws.
Anon 4

Linda Elms said...

Anon. 4, :) Thank you for the WELCOME BACK! I'm glad you wrote! Maybe someday I will know "who" you are? If not, that's fine. :) Have a great weekend!

Karla said...

Had a blast. Totally exhausted! Glad we only do this twice a year. LOL!!

Rick said...

The Lord protected you. It would have been very bad. Nice car BTW.

Tracie Smith said...

I've been missing you! I'm glad you had fun shopping with Karla and was able to spend time with a friend. Have a blessed week. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Amen to Anon 4!! We have missed our Pastor and family! They are home. Sis. D from B. Lord Bless You!

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you are back on the blogs! I've "missed" you!!!

I just don't understand someone, especially female, not liking shopping??? That is one of my favorite pasttimes.

Loved having you!

iluv2prshim said...

You didn't tell us what all you bought. :) I guess I'll have to wait and just see it. Glad you two had a good time.

Michelle said...

We missed you Sis Elms! Thanks again for such a great post. I'm thinking y'all went shopping in San Marcos? That's my favorite shopping place!

Jewel said...

Hi Sis. Elms and welcome back to blogdom! I, too, am not a shopper. I shop out of necessity! I know...we are a little different, hm? I love when someone gives me clothes that I like but that doesn't happen very often. Thankfully, I have a dear friend who takes me shopping when I do NEED to go! ((HUGS))
Yes, we are a witness truly by our appearance. I am so thankful to have been taught the way of outward holiness.

janet anglin said...

I, too, am glad to see you back to blogging! I'm glad ya'll had a great time with Keith & Carla. They are great people of God. I'm also VERY thankful for God's protecting hand concerning your flat tire!!! I used to shop all the time, but the desire is not what it used to be. I guess that comes with age. Good to see you and Sis. Karla having a good time together. Thanks for ALWAYS being the witness you are! Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Karla, I hope you get some rest! :) Thanks again!

Rick, you are RIGHT! The Lord did protect me. By the way, my husband use to have a motorcycle and we rode some, but then switched to a convertible. Having more tires on the ground was more appealing to me. :) Thanks for stopping by.

Tracie, thank you. I hope you're recuperating from IKE! LOVE YOU!

Anon 4, I'm sure your pastor and family are happy to be home!

Carla, I know a lot of ladies do not understand "not liking to shop". :) Thank you for "missing me". LOL! Love you!

Ronda, you are funny! No, I didn't post about my "finds". You'll see all of them soon, I'm sure.

Michelle, we didn't shop at San Marcus. We just stayed in Austin, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Round Rock....um....I think that's all! LOL! Maybe we'll try San Marcus someday. :)

Jewel, FINALLY! I found someone else who understands the "no shopping lady". LOL!

Janet, I'm very thankful I didn't have a terrible wreck!! And, that God kept his hand on me with the four men who stopped to help me. There are so many "horror stories" these days. Thank you for your sweet words. Love you!

Gayla said...

Glad you're back to blogging. Guess what...I don't like to shop, either, AND I don't like chocolate! How about that? Probably never met a woman like me, huh??? LOL (Pat's the shop-o-holic in our family..)

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, I don't know if I've met a lady who doesn't like "chocolate"! LOL! I'm not one that HAS TO HAVE IT, but I like it. We need to start a "ladies non-shoppers club"! LOL!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to be with you and Karla the other night!! I'm so glad you came shopping in Austin so we could spend some time together. Life is too short to not enjoy being with friends and sharing laughter! You guys are great!! Love you!!

Jana Allard said...

I would join your non-shopper club, too. However, I now have a little girl who LOVES to shop. Now I have to accommodate her and it is fun buying things for her. She is such a prissy doll.

Debbie Saiz said...

There is nothing like shopping with someone that knows you very well and will be honest with you. Glad you got to be with Vicki & Karla. See you at conference!

Patti said...

I am glad that God had His hand upon you.
I like to go and look around, but I do not like shopping, only if I have to, and I don't like chocolate either, (only every now and then). Be safe, Love you.

Mandy said...

I think this might make history! No blog in what 6 days! I haven't checked the archives but I'm sure it's pretty close! I know the public is glad to have their celebrity blogger back in full swing! All jokes aside I;m glad you're back! Love you!!!!