Since Jonathan and Brenda are "evacuated" to Mesquite, we decided to move over closer to them today. We then decided that we would go as a family to Pastor Bobby Stanley's church tonight. Jonathan picked us up at the hotel and we all went to church! When we were walking across the parking lot we saw a car drive in and in it was the Myer's and Jason! It was good seeing them again. When we walked through the doors they were having CHURCH! GOD WAS THERE! You could feel Him! As we stood in the back of the church, looking for a place to sit down, I spotted some of the Myer's saints! Dan, Jan, Dallas, and Danae were "evacuated" to Dallas, too. It was good seeing them. They are always fun to be around. There were other folks who had to leave because of the storm, and I watched as God touched them. One of the highlights of my evening happened when we were all worshipping and praising God. I had been praying and noticed Savanna had left her pew and had made her way to the altar all by herself. She was kneeling with her head down on her arms, praying. The presence of the Lord had drawn her into His presence!!! Life just doesn't get much better than that! There is nothing in this world that can give me the pleasure I get when I see one of my granddaughters in prayer!
Tonight I experienced all three "relationships" that make life worth living! GOD, FAMILY AND FRIENDS, all in ONE PLACE! I am so blessed to have them all in my life! We felt very welcome at New Life Tabernacle and was so thankful we could all be together.
I can say "I sat in a heavenly place" tonight. I'm not happy about what caused our circumstances, but I'm thankful for our friends, family and the greatest friend of all....Jesus! Once again, I think I know a little of what Heaven is going to be like.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry Johnathan, Brenda, and the girls had to be evacuated, but I'm happy that y'all were able to spend some quality time with them. I'm also VERY happy that Ike didn't hit Lufkin!!! I'm sure y'all are thrilled about that as well. Maybe our hurricane days are over!!! One can only hope.
What great pictures! The one of Bro Elms with both the girls kissing him is adorable!
I, too, share your thankful spirit even during the "storm" of these circumstances. We decided to evacuate to Dallas when we found out how long we would have to wait for power to come back on. I must say, we are loving being with our family that we don't get to see very often! I feel guilty about enjoying myself so much while so many others are suffering so I just keep praying for them and hoping for the best. Thank you for a wonderful, uplifting post, even in the midst of the storm!
Great pictures. Glad you got to be with family and friends. We are still in Nashville. Hope we can get our by Wed.
Misti, I understand "feeling guilty" because I felt the same way when I started writing this post. :) I'm glad you're having a good time with your family.
Jerry Ann, I know you're ready to get home. I'm going to pray you will be able to be home SOON! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Post a Comment