Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'll Never Be Famous

When you're leaving your church family you have loved for so long it can be a little "unnerving". :) As I've said in other posts, "I knew we were in the will of God and that God would take care of us", but my insides felt a little "shaky".  During this time of our "big transition" I was talking with Mandy about some things that were concerning me.  She looked at me and said, "Mom, if God fails you and Dad ya'll are going to be famous!" She shocked me a little, and I asked, "What do you mean?" Her answer has given me so much strength since our move.  She explained, "If God fails you and Dad, you'll be the FIRST ones He has EVER failed, so you would become FAMOUS!"  Here's a little news flash:

God has NEVER FAILED US! 

I'm glad I'm not FAMOUS...and never will be! 

Pro 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

2Sa 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

7 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

He is my protection, my defense. I'm glad as He defends us He directs our path. Just think some paths He chooses to lead us down is really Him being our buckler, our defense, our shield. The path we may would have chosen may have had a pitfall, a snare, or an obstacle we could not have handled. I loved thinking on these two scriptures together. Love you!

Misti Ferguson said...

Janet Paschal sings a song called "If I'd Had My Way" (probably a response to Frank Sinatra's "I Did It My Way"). It echoes what Sis. Smith said in her comment about His paths being better than the ones we would choose. My favorite line in the chorus says "But if I'd had my way I might've been wading through the river when you wanted me to walk upon the sea". My choices no doubt would never lead me to reach my full potential but God always knows what I'm capable of and places me just where he knows I need to grow...What a beautiful thought, what a comfort! To know that where His will leads us His grace will keep us! P.S. Sorry this is so long...I was INSPIRED! :)

Keith and Carla said...

Proverbs 3:4-6 - My favorites scriptures!!! I have many favorites, but those are at the top of the list.

I'm glad I'm not famous, either!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What wise words from Mandy. :D

Norma said...

I guess I'll never be famous either! I have enjoyed reading your blog, you are very inspiring!

Lotsa love

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, oh how true! Thank you for your "lesson" in just a few words. I hope you're doing well! Love you!

Misti, you said it just right, also. I'm glad you spoke what you were feeling.

Carla, we need to start a "I'm Not Famous Club"! I'm just afraid there would be so many join that we wouldn't be able to keep up with everyone! I'm glad to know Jesus will NEVER fail us! We're looking forward to this weekend. See you soon!

Tena, she's a pretty awesome gal! :)

Norma, it's good hearing from you. I didn't realize you read my blog. How exciting! I'm glad you've found some inspiration in my words. Please visit and leave comments often! LOVE YOU and I'm praying for you!

Joseph James said...

That is an fantastically funny way of looking at all! lol