Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let It Rain!

How time flies when "you're having fun"!  The work of God is so much "fun"!  We had the privilege of being at New Life Tabernacle - Dallas with Bobby and Glenda Stanley this weekend and we had a fantastic time! We started out the weekend on Saturday morning speaking at a Leadership Seminar.  About this time each year is when enthusiasm starts to subside in some leaders, so we were there to "give them a shot in the arm".  I think they gave me a "shot"!  :) WOW!  We had such a great time on Saturday.  Everything was top-notch!  Lori Maxwell is the Leadership Team Coordinator and she had every aspect of the seminar organized and decorated.We were totally impressed with everything!  We were also thankful to see her and Danny doing so wonderful in the church in Dallas.  The Maxwell's came to Wichita Falls a long time ago when their daughter Shelly was only five.  They were with us for 13 years then moved away because of work.  It was wonderful to see how God is using them in New Life Tabernacle.  We enjoyed hearing and watching Shelly play and lead in worship on Sunday morning.She did a great job!  

Sunday morning service was electrified with the presence of God!  My husband preached wonderfully and many people came forward to regain strength and power.  Then, Sunday night was another outstanding, powerful, incredible, awesome outpouring of His presence!!!!  I wish all of Dallas could have been in that service.  I can truly say, "I have sat in heavenly places" here on earth!  It made me excited to think that someday we will all be together worshipping the King of kings, and Lord of lords.  HEAVEN!  What a place that's going to be!!!  We left Monday and headed back to Lufkin refreshed and blessed.  

The Stanley's flew out Monday morning to North Carolina for a Holy Ghost Crusade.  This is not a "normal crusade", though.  Let me explain.  Several months ago a preacher from another denomination was on the internet and "happened" upon New Life Tabernacle website. (Bro. Stanley's church)  He started studying the Bible study they offer and saw his need of receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost!  He has received it and several of his congregation has also.  (I'm not telling all the details)  Now, he has asked for the Stanley's to come and preach a crusade, because there are people wanting this great experience!  Last night (Monday) was the first night of this meeting and Bro. Stanley called and wanted to tell us about what happened.  He was so excited!  FIVE people received the Holy Ghost last night!  Including two preachers, one preachers wife, and two others!  There are a lot of details, but I do not feel I should go into them, at this time.  Please keep this special meeting in your prayers this week!  God is doing a mighty work and pouring out His spirit on those that are hungry. LET IT RAIN!  

I am happy to say that "great things are happening through the preachers and saints of the United Pentecostal Church International"!  We have people all over the world being used by God, and there's a great  "harvest of souls being reaped".  What a great day we are living in! Let's all be a part of what God is doing in these last days!

I trust you are all having a blessed week.  I am still amazed at the people who have been reading my blog!  :)  THANK YOU!  Hopefully, I will be making another post, soon.  Have a great week!

5 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Glad you had a great time in Dallas! I know you and Bro. Elms were a great 'shot in the arm' for the leaders. It is so true this time of the year enthusiasm often slips. We are praying for the Holy Ghost Crusade. Looking forward to hearing GREAT results...

Anonymous said...

Awwww! It was a sweet surprise to open your blog this morning and read about my own home church and family! I am glad you both were refreshed as well. I know our team was and I have meetings lined up for the next two weeks to plan their new inspirations! We will certainly do this again next year!
Thanks again!

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, good hearing from you today! I hope you have a GREAT day!!!

Lori, that's exciting! Two weeks of planning is a good thing! Everything was "top-notch" and we enjoyed being with the Stanley's, the church, and ya'll! We were treated so nice that we felt like a "king and queen" while we were there. Thank you for EVERYTHING! Love you!

Keith and Carla said...

Glad y'all are enjoying yourselves! What wonderful news about this endtime outpouring. The latter rain SHALL be greater than the former!

Linda Elms said...

AMEN! Carla, it will be greater and it's so exciting to be living at this time! Love you!