Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 21, 2000 - the day my world changed

It is fifty-three minutes passed June 21. This day has come and gone, but I have been thinking about my brother all day. Eight years ago on June 21, Keith left this world and all of his family and friends. I am privileged that today we have been with Steve and Karen Wehrle who "remembered" with me. They were great friends of Keith's and we enjoyed talking about him. I miss Keith and all the joy he brought to my life. I loved to hear him sing...no one can sing like him. I loved the twinkle in his eye when he thought of something funny. I loved the stories he told. I loved his laugh....we had a lot of them, together. I loved his warmth and love for his family and friends. I loved his big arms wrapped around me in a "bear hug". I loved hearing him say to me, "Hello Beautiful"! I just loved HIM! No, I didn't forget about him today, I enjoyed his "life" once again with friends. I just couldn't go to sleep without writing about my brother, my friend.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome, fun-loving brother. Life is just not fair.

Not to say God doesn't know what He's doing, but His ways are so far above our own, that there is no understanding on our part.

I wish you comfort and sleep.

Rochelle said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your brother. It sounds like you and your family are doing a wonderful job keeping his memory alive in all of you.

iluv2prshim said...

Oh for one of those "bear hugs" right now. It would feel so good. And, "I love ya little sis" would sound good too. Keith is never forgotten.

Debbie Saiz said...

I cannot believe that it has been 8 years. Keith was an awesome guy and will never be forgotten. It wasn't too long ago that I told Steve about him coming to West Monroe years ago in his car from California. He and my brother Mark went to Mississippi together to some meeting. I remember him staying with us. . .I think I was in elementary school.

Karen J. Hopper said...

For us, there are so many good memories of Keith in Fresno. He was very special.

Joseph James said...

You never really know how priceless a hug is until its gone.