Thursday, June 05, 2008

Deweyville Weekend

My how time flies when you're having fun! This week is passing by really fast in some ways, and slow in others. There are some "happenings" that I am waiting on that is very important, so in some ways the week has been very slow, but then it seems to have gone by so quickly and I haven't had time to stop and "blog"!!

This past weekend we were in Deweyville with Darrell and Jeanetta Orange, the family, and their wonderful church family. Wendell preached both Sunday morning and Sunday evening, and the preacing and the services were absolutely wonderful! I felt I had found "the oasis" for my soul. God touched me in a very special way, and I will just say, "I needed it". My husband preached under the anointing of the Holy Ghost and God spoke through him to all of us. The praise singing, special singing, and worship was beautiful and heartfelt. Sis. Orange is a great musician and singer. She is very anointed, and when she sings you can feel the mighty rush of the Holy Ghost! I love watching as she "gets a blessing" from the Lord. We need musicians and singers to be used by God, letting Him flow through them in a mighty way so that others can also be touched! One of the highlights of Sunday evening service was when Michael, Mandy, and Sis. Orange sang, "I'm Never Gonna Look Back"! At the end of my husbands message I even got to play the organ as they repeated the song. It was the perfect ending for the message.

In one of the services, there was a gentleman in a wheelchair who couldn't contain his worship any longer, and he started worshiping God "rolling back and forth across the front of the sanctuary" with uplifted hands. It was wonderful to see him praising God even in the midst of a "bad situation"! It's amazing how many people won't give of themselves in worship and they are not handicapped in any way. As God was blessing I turned and saw Andrew and Mandy being touched in a powerful way. My heart was overjoyed to see them worshiping and praising God as He poured out His blessings on them!

It was good being with ALL of the Orange family. Michael and Stephanie live there in Deweyville and he is helping his Dad with the church. Philip and Kelly came for the weekend, and Andrew and Mandy were there, so that made for a "happy day"! I called and left Jonathan a message that "he ought to get someone to preach for him on Sunday night and come join us", but he was having a "graduation service" and could not come. We missed them not being with the rest of us.

Well, as I said I would do....I have put together a slideshow for you to enjoy. I know "Aunt Kathy" from North Carolina (Sis. Orange sister) will enjoy it to the fullest! Maybe someday she will be there when we're all together.

9 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed seeing the pics of the kids. They have all grown up! I could just see Mandy and Andrew worshipping. I have always LOVED watching them respond to the Spirit. I KNOW God has something great for them. Kent and I have earnestly prayed for them since your transition to Lufkin. They are a very annointed couple.

Michelle said...

Looks like y'all had a blast with the Orange family! I'm glad that you have been able to spend some time with the grandkids (and the kids too)!

Lynda said...

What a blessingful weekend!! I know that is not a word but it looks like it was definitely full of blessings. Love you

Madison S. said...

glad ya'll are making yourself home! God does have something special for Andrew and Mandy! And as for the "HAPPENINGS" I think Gods Will will show its self tonight. I couldn't agree more that it is just taking to long!

Roxana said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Ashlyn's face is so funny when she is sittig in her cousin's lap. And the one with her uncle Philip is precious. And I think your husband is a pretty awesome preacher myself! I know, you think he's just awesome, period!

Love ya!!!

Jana Allard said...

Now that's some purdy kids rite thar!!!

Keith and Carla said...

Great picture of Andrew and Mandy! I did enjoy all of them, but especially theirs. Glad you are enjoying yourself!!!

Mandy said...

Wow so many "Good Looking" people in one place. How did the planet aline themselves for this great event. LOL I am just kidding, but we certainly had an incredible time!!!! Lot's of fun and some incredible services, Does it get any better? Oh I guess if Jon and Brenda could have been there that would have been the only thing better!!!

kathy said...

I can't believe I let a night go by without looking for the pics! lol

Tears came to my eyes as soon as I saw Phillip was there. I didn't know that, so it was exciting to know my sister had all of them together in church with her once again.

I did enjoy the slideshow to its fullest ... and I will continue to enjoy it.

You got some REALLY good pictures! I'm gonna have to see if I can figure out how to download them from your images and save them to a disc. The one of 'the parents' was very good, as they ALL were.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sis Elms.
"Aunt Kathy"

P.S. Yes, them are some purdy kids rite thar! ~8)