Following is what I said at her party. I wrote it all down so I wouldn't cry while reading it, but it didn't help me at all! :) I am just the sentimental type! Once I start crying there is no way to stop the tears.I was "five years old" when you came into my life. You were the one who took away my status as "baby of the family", and I loved you from the beginning. Your blue eyes, and curly brown hair captured my heart. A few months before you were born Mother needed to go someplace, and as she was going down the stairs, she slipped and fell. Everyone was worried about her having "the baby" early, but she carried you the whole nine months, and you survived the fall. Not only did you survive the fall you came into this world with great determination! I have watched you over the years as you have faced life-changing decisions. Following "the will of God" has been your number one priority. There have been wonderful, fun times, and there have been times of disappointments and grief, yet the "little baby" who survived the "fall on the steps" before birth, has not only survived the "difficult times" in life, but has come through them with beauty, strength and grace! Ronda, you are a strong and courageous, beautiful lady! Your life continues to show everyone around you that "Serving God Is Beautiful". I love being with you wherever you may be, and I'm always proud to be introduced as your sister. God has been good to me and I'm glad He brought you into "my world" 50 years ago! No, my life has never been the same....It has been more wonderful and fun since you arrived! I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to my awesome, beautiful Pastor's wife, Sis. Hurst!
Sis. Elms, I'm so glad you and Sis. Holley came to surprise your sister. It will be a birthday she'll never forget. The party turned out great and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it for Sis. Hurst. Her kids and the church members did a wonderful job.
It was so good to give you a hug in person! Love you!
This was beautiful. I am glad you finally shared it with all of us! I too am glad you got to go and come home safely!!!
Oh WOW! I wish I could have been there. It sounds like Ronda had a wonderful 50th birthday. I did not know she was older than me. LOL!!!!!
I'm so glad you got to go surprise your sister. Your words to her gave me a lump in my throat. So sweet. I say, "Amen," to all you said.
Linda, You are too sweet. I love you more than I can say. I am so glad you and Karla came out and surprised me, even though my heart nearly leapt out of my chest when I looked up and saw you guys standing there. :) I had such a good time with you. Love you BUNCHES!!!
This is great! Just reading this makes me want to cry. You are three beautiful ladies!
Post a Comment