Thursday, April 03, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

I am finally finding a window of time to sit down and write about my California trip! It's been real crazy for me the last week! There is no way to tell all about it, but I will tell you a little. For those of you who wished me "a lot of laughs", your wish came true! One night we laughed ourselves into "hysterical laughter"! It lasted about 15 minutes! LOL! If any of us were not feeling good, that laughter "cured" it all!! No, I'm not going to try and tell you about it, because it wouldn't be funny to you. You know how those times are when something just hits you the "right" way. It was one of those times. :) I had a wonderful time being with my sisters. The celebration for Ronda was done so nice by her family and church family. We all had a nice time reflecting back and telling her how wonderful she is! Family and friends being together is the most fulfilling experience life has to offer.

We have special people in our lives who are more than friends to us. Some of them are Jimmy and Bobbie, Randy and Sharon, Nanci and Brian. You cannot find better people in all the world! They have been part of our lives since we were babies, or very young. Therefore, they are "family". The Shoemakes have known us ALL OF OUR LIVES and have been at almost every celebration or times of loss that we have had! You can't ask for any closer relationship than this. It's very hard to separate them from being "family" so I don't even try! Randy is another person who has been very close to my family. In our talking about when he came into our lives I figured out that I was around 6-7 years old!!! My how time flies when you're having FUN! Randy and Sharon are great friends and we call him our "BROTHER"! Randy has always "been there". I didn't know Sharon quite as early in life, but she is very dear to me! Then there's Nanci!! Of course, I have known her all of her life. She is Ronda's age, so she's like a sister to me. She always brings a lot of laughter to those around. She is a true friend and I love her so much! Her and Brian are wonderful people. Of course, there's my aunt and uncle. C.W. and Gloria are ALWAYS THERE! I don't know when they took a vacation without going to see family or friends. That's their kind of vacation. I love them both so much! TRUE, LOYAL, CARING and LOVING! That's C.W. and Gloria! They are wonderful people! Valere came to be with Ronda on this special occasion and it was wonderful seeing her!

I don't want to bore you with all the "happenings", flight CANCELLED and RESCHEDULED (I was one of the 26,000 people who was misplaced by American, DELAYED flight back home because of weather, my back giving into all the stress of PULLING on LUGGAGE, and all that goes with "flying". I will just say, I'm so glad I could go and be with my "old sister"! LOL! It's so hard to believe she is 50 years old! Of course, that doesn't make me any older!!! We ate alot, laughed alot, remembered alot, and had an incredible time! Nathan and Ronda's church is doing great and I enjoyed being with them in their Sunday afternoon service. The music, choir, praise singing, worship and preaching was outstanding and I was so happy to get to spend that time with them! I will leave you with these pictures. I trust you will enjoy them, but I know you can't enjoy them as much as we did making them!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, glad you had fun.Thanks for sharing
M.Bryan

Karen J. Hopper said...

Loved this post. A person is known by their friends, and these are some of the greatest.

Cheri said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful time with your sisters, I can honestly say I know about those “fits” of laughter, for minutes at a time, my sister and I are best of friends, and just spending time with her is a blast, I know that the best times are the “surprises’ that we can do to our family, thank you for sharing, it is a blessing to know that you all have the friends and “family” that you have, God Bless

Anonymous said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, the pictures!!! Brings back so many memories of good times in California. I know you had a great time. Can't believe we are all getting so old!! Glad you are back home, safe and sound.

Roxana said...

I enjoyed getting to see some of your fun! Glad you were able to spend that time with your sisters!

Jana Allard said...

Thanks for the pics. It was fun to share in your fun. LOL I remember when Nanci and I were teenagers. Our dads planned a father/daughter motorcycle trip and we went to Reno. That night, the girls shared a room and we stayed up late telling funny stories. I totally understand those hilarious and hysterical moments that cannot be explained to those who weren't there. Oh, what a time!!! So glad you were able to go and have this special time with your sisters, family and friends.

Kevin Hopper said...

Glad you had a good time! Now it is back to the home front. LOL!!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Great pictures! Nothing like time out with family and friends.

Jolene Harris said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Enjoyed the pics. I know what you're talking about when you say "hysterical laughter". Nothing like. Those are the times that all the stress is totally removed from your being and you just feel as though a thousand pounds has been lifted from your body. Everyone should give it a try sometime, it's good for them.

Here's something I ran across:

PHYSICAL: Laughter results in muscle relaxation, activation of the immune system, pain reduction, lowered blood pressure and cardiorespiratory exercise - to name a few

PYSCHOLOGICAL: Laughter lowers stress; dissolves anger, frustration and sadness; and aids in relaxation

SOCIOLOGICAL: Laughter builds trust; unites families; and enhances relationships

No matter our circumstances, the Joy of the Lord can be ours and can be expressed not only in prayer and worship but also laughter.

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22 KJV)

Linda Elms said...

Thank you all for sharing in our FUN! I'm glad you enjoyed our "sister surprise" with me. :) I enjoyed reading your comments and memories. Also, Jolene you gave us some good information about laughter. Thanks! Ya'll take some time this week to enjoy friends and family. Laugh alot!

Debbie Saiz said...

Glad you and Karla could surprise Ronda! Looks like it was a great time!! I know that you both made it extra special for her!!