Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today

"Today is the beginning of the rest of your life."

I woke up this morning feeling better! As you know, this past weekend was very hard to go through, and yesterday I was so sad, but this morning my heart is feeling some better. I am busy getting the house ready to put on the market, going through "stuff" and getting rid of anything and everything we don't need. I know we are to move forward, so that's what we're doing. Please pray for a quick sale on our home! God is able to send the right buyers along and they will want to buy "right now"!!!

Thank you all for your "Congratulations" and comments on our new adventure. You are all kind, and my friends! I appreciate and love you! We have had many calls from people who are checking on us and praying for us, and we appreciate it so very much.

I will run for now and get busy, but will try to blog some tonight. Love you!

10 comments:

Patti said...

I want to say congratulations to you and Bro. Elms, now that I can write without crying. Bro. Elms will do a great job. I am glad that you are feeling better. You have to keep your blog up and going to keep us updated on how things are going. We love and appreciate you and Bro. Elms. May God bless and keep you.

Anonymous said...

Linda,
I was surprised(yet I wasn't) when I checked your blog this morning.
I feel very sad that you are leaving your wonderful church, but in the plan of God there are many changes we learn to accept. Wendell will do a great job
and you both will be a blessing to many. Where ever you go, what ever you do,know we love you.

Don't fprget. you need to write your book about
your family.

Aunt Joyce

Karla said...

Glad you're feeling better today!! And ditto to EVERY GOOD thing all the others have said!!

Debbie Saiz said...

Congratulations! I know that you all will do a great job in this position. I know you have mixed feelings, yet an exictement for the future. Texas District is priviledged to have your leadership. We pray God's blessings upon you both.

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda:

Congratulations! I still cannot believe what I'm reading, but it's absolutely wonderful. I know you guys will do a great job at whatever you do. I tend to agree with your "Aunt Joyce"!! You do need to write a book about your family and maybe your friends too. LOL Congratulations again and I will call you later!!

Love you!!

janet anglin said...

I, too, am glad that you're feeling better! I know this past weekend was very difficult for you and Bro. Elms. This is the church Harden and I grew up in, and it's all we've ever known. You guys have added so much to our lives and our walk with God. I just hope I can be half the lady that you are. PLEASE keep in touch. We'll miss you both sooooo much!!!!!

Michelle said...

I know what it's like to try and sell your house and pack up in just a couple of weeks! We will be praying for you!

Keith and Carla said...

Ditto to everything that's been said! We are so appreciative to have had you for our pastor and wife.

Tracie Smith said...

Ok Sis. Elms, I have your answer for your boxes of things. I remember back in Feb Ronda had a post about Spring cleaning. I went to her blog and found both your comment and her response! lol I'm sure even then God knew this day was coming and He was equipping you with the answer!

Ronda's remark was "Oh Lord, You probably need to throw half of that stuff away. Call, 1-800-GOT JUNK."

I thought you could use a smile! :)

Linda Elms said...

THANK YOU EVERYONE! You are all very supportive and kind. I appreciate all the compliments and congratulations! Please be praying for us.

Aunt Joyce, THANK YOU for writing!! You are so sweet! I really do want to write that book someday. Maybe I'll be able to. I love you!

Sis. Smith, thanks for the smile today. I did need it! I went to your "special help" and they don't have anyone here in our area. That would have been nice!! :)