Today has been brimming over with activity! Not the kind to "enjoy", but a LOT of work! I hate going through boxes and getting rid of "stuff"! It has to be done so I will keep working at it. While we were in the garage working I heard a groan and then a crash and I turned just in time to see my husband on the floor! He had tripped somehow while stepping off of the trailer he and Andrew were loading and fell very hard!!! I really do thank the Lord he didn't break anything, but he is very, very sore, and his ankle, wrist and shoulder is hurting pretty bad. Of course, if I wasn't saying something about it you would never know about it, so I'm just asking prayer for him. He really didn't need this "kind of aggravation" at this time! Andrew and Mandy helped him up and he continued working, so at least he's not in the hospital with a broken bone. Thank the Lord!!
As I mentioned this morning I was feeling some better, but our emotions are still in turmoil. I wish when you follow "the Lord's will" that there would be no sad feelings, but that doesn't happen. We have loved living in Wichita Falls and pastoring the greatest people in the world! We have had a wonderful relationship with our church, and they have loved us through the years. We couldn't have asked for a greater church to pastor! God has been blessing and it is only getting better. He has been pouring out His spirit, souls have received the Holy Ghost and been baptized in Jesus Name, and the church continues to grow. I heard this week that someone said, "Bro. and Sis. Elms have not been real happy with the church for about five years, and the church hasn't been real happy with them, either." LOL! Number 1 - that is not true and Number 2 - it makes me wonder where those kind of stories come from!! It amazes me that people have to try and figure out WHY someone leaves their church. I wonder if they will ever understand that there is a "will of God" for the lives of His servants, and when He beckons, you just "follow"!! I'm glad to say it was none of our people from our church that said this. I just shake my head and say, "some people have the spirit of stupid" on them, and have to say "stupid things". :) One of my favorite things to say when something happens like this is: "OH WELL!!! What does it matter what others do or say? It just proves they don't know what they're talking about."
I have talked to a couple of realtors today, so I will be putting the house on the market tomorrow. Please pray a "buyer", buys soon! It's hard to believe I'm selling and moving away from "home". I'm sure I will adjust in the future. Talk to you all later. Keep us in your prayers!
16 comments:
Your husband's walk and dedication through the years was set for a time such as this. Certainly it is overwhelming (and probably a little frightening) but you by his side will make all the difference - and your sacrifices will be a blessing and strength to all. Will be praying that God confirms over and over again His will for your lives. PS: Just think of your posts of late, and the burden that came forth - see God was getting you ready. Love you.
Thank you, Sis. Karen. Your comments mean a lot. I will go back and review my posts. Maybe that will help me. :) We have a great desire for the work of God to go forward. There are wonderful things in store for the Kingdom of God!
Sis. Elms I am praying for you. I know that this has to be hard.
Thank you for your prayers, Sis. Seymour. I do appreciate them. Love you!
Bro. & Sis. Elms,
We will be praying for you during this time of transition. God always has a perfect will for our lives and sometimes it is not always easy to follow his will but there is nothing like knowing that you are where God wants you to be. We will continue to pray for Bro. Elms and for a buyer for your house. God bless you both as you follow the leading of the master. My father preached a message last night about following the Shepherd. We are the sheep of the pasture and he will lead us, as long as we listen to his voice. I believe there are great things in your future.
Tredways, your prayers are appreciated. Thank you for sharing your Dad's message. It's so beautiful to be "walking with the Shepherd"! We feel safe "following Him"!!! God bless you!
Well, well, well...imagine that people think they have all the answers when a pastor resigns. Been there, done that! :) And some of them are still coming up with all kinds of "reasons" why! Hilarious! You just have to laugh sometimes. Keep your chin up. You guys know when God speaks. And yes, He does still do that to people who will listen. Love you!
I hope Wendell is not to sore today!
That is awful someone would say such horrible, and very untrue, things! I hope Bro Elms is feeling better today, and that things are moving along as smoothly as possible!
Don't you believe that nonsense for one minute!! We've been extremely happy with both of you. You're amazing people with an enormous amount of talent! We're so sad to see y'all leave, but we have to realize that God calls only the BEST, so he's called y'all to another field of ministry. We WILL miss you so much, and you will always hold a special place in our hearts here at Life Tabernacle! I hope Bro. Elms is feeling much better.
People...people...people! Isn't it amazing that some people seem to have all the answers? I can sympathize with Bro. Elms. I fell a week or so back. I'm still sore. My Uncle jested that at my age I just went "thump" rather than "bounce". If he were my husband I would joke that he was trying to find a way out of work! ha Of course Kent is a hard worker as I'm sure Bro. Elms is, too.
Oh, Linda, I feel your pain. I have always said the world doesn't tempt me, but I have to pray to overcome stupid people. We recently had some mean things said about us and I chalked it up to ignorant people. Lord, help me to find a speck of love for them and not choke 'em! j/k As my dad always said, "Time proves all things."
I hope your husband is recovering from the fall. I am the biggest klutz and I have reached a point where I am scared to fall. The last big fall for me was out of a high motorhome onto a parking lot. I nearly killed myself. Tell Wendell I said to be careful 'cause a whole of people are counting on him.
I hope that Bro. Elms is feeling better, and not too sore. You said it right some people have the "spirit of stupid", they are the ones who always have it right.
My family and I have been blessed by you and Bro. Elms, and to be a part of this church. Don't worry about stupid stuff that people say, God has everything under control.
I hope Bro. Elms is doing okay. Be careful!!! Love you!
Sis Elms,
I can't imagine how you must be feeling, leaving all of the people that you love, but I'm sure your life will take on another level of fulfillment in your new role. I have prayed that your house will sell quickly. Believe me I know the frustration and stress involved with trying to sell a house in a cool market!
As far as the "stupid people comments" People that are nasty often times have experienced all kinds of rejections and have been unfulfilled in there lives. Instead of trusting God and working on becoming better they become bitter. Don't take it personally, but just try to open your arms and love them more. They probablly need more love and acceptance than most. This is obviously not always the case, but if people look a little deeper, they will likely find a person with low self esteem that really wants to be loved, but they retaliate with nasty words and envious actions instead, because they really don't know how to change. I don't know, just a thought!
Anyway all the best to you as you move to the next level of ministry. Don't stop blogging! You are such an encouragement!
Lest anyone think I am bothered one little bit about the "stupid comments" let me set your mind at ease.....I'm not! I think it's funny how things get started, and find it really fasinating that things are said when there is no truth in it. I just have to scratch my head at times. :) Don't worry about me, I don't wear my feelings on my shoulder! I learned a LONG time ago, it's not worth the hassle and frustrations of "worrying about what people say". I'm at ease!
Spirit of Stupid is exactly right! I can't believe anyone is so ignorant to think that Life Tab would every feel that way. I agree with Sis Janet...God only calls the Best to do His will in the Kingdom! And well... need I say more you guys are the BEST! And God will send us the BEST choice for Life Tab to continue right where we are IN REVIVAL!!!!
Post a Comment