There was so much excitement in our house Tuesday while we prepared for "Daddy and Mommy" to arrive home! The closer they got the more excited Alayna was until I thought she was going to explode! To keep her occupied we made a "Welcome Home" sign for the front door and she made a card for them.

We also had a "Special Cake" to give them when they arrived! Let me tell you about this cake. When Alayna and Ashlyn came to stay with us, Alayna said to me, "Mimi, do you think we could make a cake for Daddy and Mommy when they come home? It would be so neat!" As you know the week went on and during that week both girls got sick, but Alayna was the one with fever and chills, so I was unable to do much except take care of them. I was wondering what I was going to do about "the cake" so on Tuesday morning when I saw there was a box on the porch I went to see what it was. I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened it and saw a beautiful cake that said, "Welcome Home Mommy and Daddy! We Missed You!" You should have seen the look on Alayna's face when I showed her what it was. I proceeded to tell her that
Sis. Carmen (our children's choir leader) had made the cake and that Sis. Carmen didn't even know that she wanted a "Welcome Home Cake" for Mommy and Daddy! I said, "Alayna, Jesus knew you wanted a cake so he let Sis. Carmen make your special cake for you! Sis. Carmen made your wish come true!" It was a very special time for us and I couldn't help but shed a few tears as I was explaining to Alayna how God knows when we need something and will help us and give it to us! What a great teaching time I had. Thank you Carmen for "making a little girls dream come true"! We love you! Here is the "Special Welcome Home Cake".

Alayna also put a family of "Potato Heads" together to help welcome her parents home. It was so cute. There was Daddy and Mommy holding hands, Alayna and Ashlyn, and the GREAT BIG Potato is Papa! Too cute!

They arrived home and it took 5-10 minutes before I even got a hug from either of them! LOL! They were so excited and happy to see the girls and there was MUCH hugging, kissing, and seeing all the "gifts" they had!


I love this picture of Mandy. After giving Alayna hugs she see's Ashlyn at the door. Look at the excitement on her and Andrew's faces!

There is nothing like being with Daddy and Mommy! As Alayna puts it, "I love my fam-i-ly!"

We are glad Andrew and Mandy got to go preach for "Uncle David Elms" but we are more happy to have them home safe and sound! Thank you Lord for a safe trip!
8 comments:
OK - well again - someone hand me a kleenex!! That cake story is a "killer"!! LOL! WOW!
Well Karla, I don't mean to make you cry, but you might as well join me! I've cried a lot this past week. Having children around really gives me all kinds of lessons.
Absolutely wonderful!!!!!
This story is wonderful! How sweet Sister Carmen is.
What a wonderful story! I had to wipe tears from my eyes. God always provides.
What an awesome homecoming and I'm sure it was well received.
I so enjoyed getting to be with Amanda and Andrew in Sunday services in Charlotte. And Jonathan and I having lunch with them was fun, but Amanda so missed her 'babies' as she called them.
Alayna, how sweet and unique you must be. It would be fun to live closer to you.
Sis Elms, thanks for taking the time to share.
What a wonderful godly grandmother you are!! Taking any and every opportunity to tell them of the goodness of the Lord. Mandy is blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family. How thankful I am for that. (maybe some day I won't have to be anonymous)lol
love you all
Jeanetta
Thank you, Jeanetta! I do my best to use those opportunities, and it's not hard when you have little minds...saying great things! WOW! What an incredible granddaughter "we" have! :)
Post a Comment