Friday, November 09, 2007

Another FUN-filled Day

Today has been lovely with the girls. I couldn't ask for them to be any better than they are! Last night after church we went to eat and the waitress walked up and said, "Hello....I'm Mandy"! Alayna's eyes nearly bugged out of her little head and she said, "AHHH....My Momma's name is Mandy!" :) She wanted to order her own food so I said that's fine, so she said, "Can I have ummmmm...Macaroni and Cheese, please?" I thought "that is so sweet" then she turned to me and said, "Sometimes I forget to say please!" LOL! I told her she had done very well in using her manners. When we were leaving the waitress asked Alayna how old she was and she told her 5, then the waitress looked at me and said, "I have a one and a half year old, and if she grows up to be like her I will be so happy!" Well, I could have told her how that is done. Not by the way I raised our boys, but by the way I've watched Andrew and Mandy train their girls. Am I bragging? Maybe a little, but it is so FUN having the girls and I have to say it's because they are disciplined, trained and taught by loving parents and that's what makes the difference.

Guess what else....we went to eat lunch today and the waitress walked up and Wendell saw her name tag, so he told Alayna to ask the waitress what her name was.....you've probably guessed it....Amanda! Alayna was again SHOCKED!!!! LOL!

On another subject, but still about Alayna and the way she see's things. Are you ready to listen? This might talk to someone's heart. I hope it does.

I took the girls with me today as I did my walking around the neighborhood. That was quite a different workout! Pushing a very large stroller with two girls in it takes a lot of work! After about 15 minutes I told Alayna she was going to have to walk for a little ways. Well, when she got off of the stroller it was amazing how much lighter the stroller felt! She decided she was going to walk the rest of the way. We were walking at a pretty good pace and we were going to have to walk another 10 minutes to get back to the house. We arrived back on our street and walked passed our house a little over half a block, then turned around and headed back home. Alayna looked up and said, "Whoa! It's a long way back!" My mind immediately went to this thought: There are many people who have once known the Lord in the fullness of Truth who have been wandering around the "blocks of sin" and when they finally head back down the street heading for "home" they stop and say, "Whoa! It's a long way back!" After living their life away from God they just seem to think, "it's just too far back for me to get to Father's house"! When Alayna said what she said, I immediately said, "No Alayna it's not a long way back! Look it's just right there", and in her "child mind" she believed me and knew we would be home soon! So, whoever may be reading this that's been gone a long time I will end with part of a song Ronda wrote...."Come on home where you belong, you've been away for much too long and Jesus wants to take you back again." I love you and I'm praying for you who are weary, worn, and tired of..... "walking around the block"!

Ronda...I hope I quoted your song right. I think I did. If not, please forgive me.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Yesterday was a perfect day for walking! Thanks for the Alayna stories, she is such a special little girl!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Thank you Sis. Elms.
The story of your granddaughter thinking home was such a long way off did touch me and I stopped right here to pray for some of those wandering in sin right now including one of my own sons. It is so beautiful when God's uses an everyday occurence to give us some spiritual insight and children can so often be used in ways to touch us.
I love your blog! Thanks for writing and being willing to share your life and thoughts

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! This is so sweet. Alayna is just to cute.

Anonymous said...

small correction on song: ...you've been away for much to long...
But your word worked too.

Linda Elms said...

Michelle, it's been really pretty for the last few days and I have enjoyed walking outside. Yes, Alayna is a special little girl. I'm glad you enjoy the stories.

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Holmes, I'm so glad you wrote! I had lost your "blog address", now I've added it to my Google Reader. Thank you for praying for those who are wandering. God has heard your prayers. I had a mother tell me this week that after 40 years of praying for a backslidden son he just came back to God and is a totally different man! Keep praying and believing for your son. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. I really enjoy writing and staying in contact with a lot of friends and acquaintances. God bless you!

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, thank you for the correct words. When I layed down last night those words came to me, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to change them until I knew for sure. I love that song. I need the words and you need to write some more songs! Love you, bunches!

Mandy said...

Well I don't know that reading your blog tonight was the right thing for me to do, I am so lonesome for my babies!!! I have an ache in my stomach and my arms feel really empty! Please tell them I love them and hug them oh so tight! Alayna you are a pleasure to parent as I know Ashlyn will be too. I hope you are minding your manners! I love you, Mommy

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, we miss ya'll, too! The girls have been wonderful and definitely minding their manners. They are just wonderful, just like their parents! :) I will let them know you love them and miss them. I'll give them "your hugs" too! Ya'll have fun.