Thursday, November 08, 2007
FUN!
For the next five days we will be taking care of two little "sweetheart granddaughters", Alayna and Ashlyn while their Dad and Mom go preach in North Carolina. The girls bring me so much joy and laughter! Tonight while giving Ashlyn the last bottle for the evening she fell asleep. Alayna was sitting with us in the chair and was getting so tired and sleepy, yet not wanting to give into it yet, then she looked up and said, "Ashlyn's asleep! I think I'm asleep, too!" LOL! I got so tickled at her. I remembered times I was tired and sleepy, but couldn't close my eyes yet! Anyone else know what I'm talking about or is it just me at this "wonderful age" I'm at? Our family has laughed many times about one of our grandma's that "never slept". I'm beginning to be "her"! It's strange how we take on some of our parents and grandparents traits. This is one trait I wish I hadn't received. Oh well...that's the way it is. I think I may be "sleeping with my eyes open" so I will close them for now and maybe, just maybe they will get some rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Cute, very cute and VERY TRUE!!!
Have a great day and the posts are wonderful just like you.
LOL! Me and You both. I wonder around the house at the most odd hours. Nathan just laughs at me and calls me Ruby Jewell.
What great memories grandparents give there grandkids by spending time with them. Still remeber my granddad taking my brother and I to town on Saturday mornings to do his business and when we were to tired to make the return walk he would tote us back. He never had car, walked everywhere. GrandMom baked the best biscuts and aways let me drink coffee out of a suacer as she did in the mornings. But what you can teach your grand children, mine never new...the truth. Thanks for the memory reminder
Thank you, Tammy! I knew you would enjoy the story. :)
Ronda ( better known as Ruby Jewell) LOL! Can't you see Grandma wandering around the house through the night? I can't count the times I would go to sleep with her laying beside me only to wake up and she was gone! Where to? The COUCH or waking Grandpa up because he was snoring so loudly! LOL! Oh how my mind is racing right now about the days I spent with Grandma and Grandpa! They are definitely sweet memories.
m.bryan...thank you for sharing your memories with all of us in "blogville". Drinking from the saucer sounds like so much fun!! :) Walking everywhere with "Grandpa" and to think he never had a car!!!! What would we do without a car? WOW! I'm sure you've got a lot of stories you could share. Teaching our grandchildren "Truth" and so many things about life is one of the greatest treasures we could ever have. Thanks again for writing!
I miss you all!!! We are having a blast but we miss the girly girls!!!
Post a Comment