Thursday, November 22, 2007
Thanksgiving Night Post
WOW! What a great few days it has been! This is the first time I have sat down to my computer in a L-O-N-G time...it seems. I am enjoying our family being home! Everyone together! There is nothing like family. When you go home, or as it is with me these days, "when the kids and family come home" it is a VERY SPECIAL time! Jonathan and Brenda, Savanna and Scarlet came in Tuesday night and attended service with us. I absolutely LOVE having them home and in church with us and Andrew and Mandy, Alayna and Ashlyn. What more could I be thankful for? Savanna walked into the living room yesterday with tablet and pen and she asked me, "Mimi, what are you thankful for?" I instantly answered, "I'm thankful that my children are all home with me!" I am also thankful that they are walking with God and servants in His Kingdom. Gene and Karla, Cameron and Chad came in from Pflugerville Tuesday morning at 3 A.M. I told Karla that I felt "dis-com-bob-u-lated" without her here helping me fix the Thanksgiving meal. LOL! So, when she walked in late last night I felt much better!!!! :) I guess I've been so use to her being around for 18 years and just haven't got past missing her and the family. By the time Brenda, Mandy, Karla, Sis. Holley, and myself got finished fixing dinner today we had a feast that was absolutely delicious! (even if I say so) LOL! I hope everyone of my family and friends have had a wonderful, delicious, exciting, and loving day, just being together! I will post pictures in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am glad you had all the family home for Thanksgiving. I know sometimes it is hard to get together when the work of the God has you scattered, so any together time is special. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with my wifes family. The dinner was a great feast and time of laughter.
The kids and I celebrated with Tesha and Matt, and Misty and Daniel at Mike and Lejune's house. Lots of laughter and love. We sure did miss Branan, as he's stationed in Germany still.
I can only imagine the activity at the Elms' residence! What a blessing!!!
AWESOME! Glad everyone was home for the holiday. My wife fixed dinner here at home, kids, wifes parents and my mom were here today. It's great when families can get together. Please tell my Pastor and his family they were missed and we prayed for them to have a great trip.
Happy Thanksgiving to the whole Elms clan and Gene and Karla too. Glad yall had a good day. We were blessed to be with our two daughters. Eldredge and his family were in Tennessee with Joy's family. God is so good to all of us.
Kevin, you are right about "sometimes it is hard to get together when the work of God as you scattered". I'm thankful for each time we get to be with family. Both sides of our families are full of preacher's so it can be a real challenge to find the time that everyone can be there. I'm glad you and your family had such a great time!
Roxana, I'm so glad you were all together. I'm sure Branan was missed very much. Please give Mike and Lejune my love. I would love to see them and the whole family! Ya'll need to take a trip to WF!
m.bryan, I'm sure ya'll missed your Pastor and family, but I'm really happy they were able to come home! They are heading your way! Keep them in your prayers. Glad your Thanksgiving was blessed.
Jerry Ann, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time getting to be with your daughters. I know your son and his family was missed by you all! I agree with you...GOD IS GOOD to ALL of US! Love you!
Post a Comment