Upon awaking this morning, Alayna had fever and has been sick all day with aching, coughing, headache, and chills. She wanted to get in the bathtub to get warm and so she could quit hurting. I ran her water and made her comfortable, then walked into the kitchen to make a list for my husband to run to the store. I always have my ears tuned for one of the girls in case they are to need me, and I heard a sound coming from the bathroom where Alayna was. I quickly recognized Alayna's weak little voice as she sang, "God you're so good! God you're so good! You're so good, to Mimi and me!" She continued: God answers prayer! God answers prayer! God answers prayer, He's so good to me!" I almost couldn't finish the list for the tears in my eyes. I peeked in on her after she finished singing, and she had her head lifted up to heaven with her eyes closed and her lips were moving. I'm sure she was praying!
A Prayer Request: Will you please join Alayna in her faith and pray for God to heal her, so she can feel good tomorrow for church? I appreciate you all for praying with us for our precious little girl!
A thought: While rocking her and praying, I thought about how many times I have carried my situation for a whole lot longer than I should have, even though I knew God was waiting for me to give it to Him. God help me to have "child trust" and help me place my problems in your hands. I had to tell Him that I was "sorry" for not "trusting like a child".
14 comments:
How sweet. If we could remember just to trust as a little child, we probably would get our prayers answered more quickly.
We will be praying for Alayna, I hope to see her smiling face tomorrow!
WOW! Somebody hand me a kleenex!!!
Alayna - I hope you are feeling better. We love you and are praying for you. Aunt Karla
Thank you all for your prayers! I really appreciate it.
Karla, I had to have several Kleenex!!!! I cried off and on for a few hours. It was so touching and so "pure".
How awesome ... out of the mouths of babes. And what precious memories.
Andrew and Amanda are doing a wonderful job, as well as Mimi and Papa, of course. The girls truly are blessed.
Alayna, I'm sure you are feeling better, but I'm still praying for you. I love you.
I awoke this morning and this is the first thing I read.
How amazing to hear children do exactly as God calls us all to do.
Child-like faith, is definitely a healer in all ways.
Thanks for the story and real life.
I love you baby, We are praying for you! I am trusting that today will be a better day!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE Mom and Dad!!!
I only we could have the faith and trust of a child, how much better off we would be.
Alayna--I hope you are felling better. I am praying for you and love you.
These little ones are so precious. Well, Sunday is nearly over, I am just thinking she was probably well enough to go to church with such great faith. Today I visited Blake's Sunday School room and they had prayer for Bethany Bishop Roam who is in critcal condition. Blake spoke up and asked his teacher if they could pray again because he thought they could pray with more faith. Like Alayna, Bryn is frequently found praying and singing. When she is sick, she believes that she will be healed through prayer. Their great faith and sweet innocence is too precious for words.
Your blogs always touch me, but these last few have really hit somewhere deep.=) I hope your Alayna is feeling better!
As the song says "Just a little talk with Jesus makes it alright"! Sometimes we have to turn to the little ones to find out how to have a lttle uncomplicated talk with the master of the universe. Hope she got better!
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, hardly knowing how to respond to this post!
Praying that you're feeling better, Alayna.
Hi Sis. Elms,
Thank you for this post. It's amazing that one could actually learn a lesson through a child's faith. I've been going through my own little time of trouble so now I think I am going to go fill the tub and sing Alayna's song! LOL
I am happy to see that you posted both girls are feeling much better. That means you must be feeling better too, and I look forward to more of your great posts!
Monica Hassas
I just want to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to this post! You're all wonderful to let me share my life with you and more wonderful for sharing your with me! Isn't it fun having friends, family, new friends and our ONE, EVER-PRESENT FRIEND in our lives? JESUS is the sweetest Name I know! Love you all!
Post a Comment