This week has been very special for me. Since Wendell was gone with his brothers for the annual "Elms Brother's Reunion" Bobbie flew in to spend the week with me. We haven't had this much time together since Mother passed away, so it has been a special time for us. We tried to go shopping but couldn't get anything done, because we would start talking and stop in the middle of the store so we could keep our conversation going. I finally said, "Bobbie, this is ridiculous! We might as well go home!" After a few more attempts to keep shopping, we got tired and decided we really should go home, so we did! We had the best time! For those in the blog world that may not know our background let me explain. When Bobbie was 13 years old my parents took the church in Fresno where Bobbie and her family attended. I was 6 weeks old and she became my baby sitter along with her sister, and parents. Then she grew up, and met a young man and fell in love. When they decided to get married I was her flower girl. I was 4 years old! I can hear you all now, so go ahead and say it with me....AHHHHH! LOL! Her Dad and Mom were pillars in the church that I grew up in, and they have always been part of my life. There are so many stories that I could tell, but there is not enough room on this page to share them with you. I'll just share one thing. Wherever there is a piano you will usually see Bobbie eventually make her way over to it, and she will sit down and start playing and singing. I've had that experience all through my life when I've been with her. I have felt the presence of God come into my heart many times as she began to sing and play. To Bobbie, singing is not entertainment, it is worship to God! Anyone who has ever experienced her singing at the piano will agree with me and say that, "she has a special anointing" that everyone feels when she sings, and "no one plays the piano quite like she does". I know you'll enjoy this little home video I took while she was here this week. Sit back and relax and feel the presence of God as she sings from her heart.
16 comments:
I love Sister Shoemake's singing. We were privileged to be in their church in San Jose a number of years again. She and Bishop Shoemake are simply wonderful people.
Sis. Shoemake is one of my favorites! Thanks for the video.
Sis Elms, this is great, When I first moved to Arizona, I worked at Starbucks at the Airport, and met Sis Shoemake, I have several of her CD's even not knowing who she was at the time, but knowing that early on I needed some Godly music in my life. Just getting into the Church, and not really knowing all of the *right* music to listen too, You are right when you say that you can feel the presence of God when she is singing and playing, thank you again for sharing, God Bless, ♥ Cheri Bagato,
Awesome! This brought tears to my eyes.
I'm actually surprised y'all kept from laughing somewhere in the middle of recording that video! LOL! I'm sure there's been plenty of laughter this week. I'm glad y'all were in Wichita Falls, so you didn't have to find your way around somewhere!!!
Thank you for the wonderful video. I have been very sick the last couple of days and that lifted my spirit. Thank you again.
Beautiful!!! I enjoyed this so much. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for posting this video. Aunt Bobbi always blesses me when she sings. I've had the privilege of staying in her home during the years Joel and I have been married and not a day went by that she didn't sit down to her piano and began worshiping God. I belive when she sings all heaven stops to listen. She truely has an annointing.
Beautiful singing! I know ya;ll had a good time together with no husbands to keep you on a schedule. It's nice to see people you love enjoying life long friends! Love you Mom!
Thank you Sis Elms, we all enjoyed that so much!
I absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for setting a great example off what "godly" friends forever are! I am so glad y'all had fun and created even more memories. I love to see and hear about people who "LOVE" the Lord!
Sis. Shoemake -- you are awesome! Sis. Elms you know what you are to me - just continue!
See ya in the AM!
I grew up on Sis Bobbi's singing. I have all her LP's (LOL-telling my age) and CD's. She is my favorite. When I travel she is always playing on my car cd player. I traveled through Nashville on my way to Carbondale Illinois and worshiped all the way through the Nashville traffic and beyond. I know other people wondered what was going on in that car. I was all by myself and had great time in the presence of our God. She has lifted me UP when I'm down and I always feel especially close to God when she sings.
I love to hear Sis. Shoemake sing and play. It makes me want to close my eyes and just sit back and relax. It is definitely soul soothing.
Sis Elm's i love it everytime that she gets to come to our church because i know that she'll sing and she's so annointed and i love the way she plays and ministers with singing...She really ministered Wednesday when she got up there and spoke first and then sang, i could feel the presence of God so strong and then when she sang, I could have just shut my eyes and relaxed with a ice cold Dr. Pepper lol jk but i can't wait till she comes back again!!!
The Shoemake's are such wonderful people and Bobbie has so much talent. A couple years ago we were at Margie Abbott's Christmas party. The Shoemake's were there that year. Of course Bobbie made her way to the piano and instructed Brian and I to sing certain parts. We sang several different carols and had such a great time. Such wonderful memories and such wonderful friends.
Oh what beautiful worship. Thanks Linda for sharing this ad the story of your friendship. I knew your families were close but it was good to know the history. Ron and I have always love Bobbi Shoemake ad her singing. She is one of our favorites. We have all her albums and I've written in my Bible that I want her song The Race sung at my funeral if the rapture doesn't come first. It has blessed me many times when I was weary running.
We just got home from Alaska and I stayed at home for a few days nursing a bout of sinus. I will catch up with Ron in Atlanta and then fly home for our camp.
I'm so glad yall got to spend time together.
I'm glad you guys had a good time and a lot of laughs. No one can laugh like Bobbie. lol
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com
Post a Comment