Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rain, Floods, and Washouts!

This evening Wendell and I went driving around town to see all the water that has accumulated from all the rain we've had. We tried to drive out to our old house in the country, but couldn't get through because of "water over the road", so we turned around and was headed home when we turned on Anchor Road and saw THIS! We were expecting to see water across the road like we had seen everywhere else, but we were not expecting to see the road washed out! So, I decided to take more pictures and share them with ya'll.


I'm sure glad we didn't drive off in this crater! Gene and Karla, we took these especially for ya'll!

6 comments:

Karla said...

That's unreal!!!! Gene read somewhere today that there's a possibility of up to 8 inches of rain tomorrow in some areas around here! I just can't believe it!

Gene Holley said...

WOW! That area was always full of water after a rain- but I guess this time it was just too much!! That's crazy - in June. We have already had a record rainfall this year here at 31.5 inches of rain and it is pouring right now as I type! Thanks for the pics.

Tammy Bryant said...

That is incredible. I went driving around last night around 6:30 but I was just looking around Barnett and Wellington. I should have ventured out a little further. LOL!!!

Keith and Carla said...

WOW!!! This weather is unbelievable! We usually get quite a bit of rain, but this year has been way over normal. I think we're supposed to get several more inches today, too.

Anonymous said...

We're feelin' your pain here in Central Texas, Linda. More on the way, too...

Be careful and stay dry.

Roxana said...

I've heard the song, "The Anchor Still Holds" Now I guess the tune is 'The Anchor Has Holes!' We have bright blue skies with temps in the 90s. We wish for just a bit of your rainfall...not all of it though!