Monday, June 11, 2007
Camp Meeting '07 and Great Weekend!
This passed week was wonderful! We had our Texas District Camp Meeting and it was the best we have had in awhile. The preaching by Bro. Ron Mullings, (California) Bro. David T. Elms, (Florida) and Bro. Paul Mooney, (Inidana) was wonderful! Every message I heard touched my mind and heart. On Friday night was crusade and Bro. Greg Godwin preached the message and it was interpreted for the spanish speaking people by Bro. Drost. At the end of the service there had been 246 people receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost was falling all around and while people received their personal Pentecost it sounded like a "count down"! It was almost continuous! Then, to make it even more special, our little Alayna Joy (4 years old) received the Holy Ghost!!!! It was wonderful! She came up to me and I asked her if she had received the Holy Ghost and she said, "Yes". I asked her how she knew she had received it, and her answer was so cute. She said, "Because I felt God's words come up in my throat!" She is so precious! Mandy asked her a lot of questions the next day and she answered everyone of them "right". She told Mandy that she "said God's words"! There is no doubt that she received the greatest gift anyone could ever receive! Also, Haiden, (8 years old) a boy from our church, received the Holy Ghost a few minutes before Alayna did. The wonderful thing about children receiving God at an early age is that they have a lifetime to serve Him! It was wonderful being in the presence of God in the services. Sis. Dedie Cooley was the Music Coordinator for the week and if you know her you KNOW the music was incredible! She did a great job! She worked so hard. It seemed like she was always at the keyboard going through songs with the musicians and singers. It definitely made the difference! We came home to a wonderful move of God this weekend. Bro. and Sis. Mullings were our special guests, and he definitely blessed out church with his ministry! The messages were powerful and ordained by God. I cannot tell you what the message he preached on Sunday night did for me. You need to listen to it on LifeTab.org. The title is: "My Faith Fights for Me". WOW! I know you will be blessed when you listen. We had a wonderful time. There is nothing like having "old friends" to visit with. We enjoyed a time of fellowship today, also. It was hard to say "goodbye", but we have great memories of this weekend. I trust you are all having a wonderful summer. I've missed blogging, but I haven't been where I could be "online". It's good being home! (I will add a slideshow sometime this week.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
OK - you HAD to have the best Campmeeting in a while when we couldn't get there! LOL! I am glad that it was so good and I am looking forward to ours in a couple weeks. I always enjoy Bro. Mooney and Bro. Mullings... and I'm sure David was good also. I love to hear good reports!
I LOVE Bro. and Sis. Mullings! They are the greatest people and Brian and I are honored to count them as dear friends. I have never heard him preach a message that was not powerful. He is in the top three of my favorite preacher list. :) I know you were blessed to be with them. You are right about Dedie Cooley,too. She is incredible! About 20 years ago, we were prayer partners for a year. Sounds like you had a most wonderful camp.
We missed being there and seeing all our friends. We talked to Bud several times though. We are in Buford Ga...right outside Atlanta in fact....the church the Cooleys started. We will fly home on Mon and go to our camp on Tues. We talked to Paul Mooney on Sat. He said it was a great camp. We missed hearing him.
It was great that Alayna got the holy ghost. I kow it was a sweet experience.
AWESOME! Bro. Mullings is incredible. And Bro. Mooney is one of my favorites. I watch him a lot on Sunday Night on their live internet services. I know David Timothy was good. I just love him and Melanie. All Great people. The Friday Night Crusade sounds great and Alayna receiving the Holy Ghost is awesome. Danelle received the Holy Ghost when she was 4 years old too.
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com
Sis. Elms, I have to agree. It was one of the best camps that we have had in a while! Keith and I left there feeling refreshed. It was awesome watching Alayna receive the Holy Ghost!
You make my bones FAT!! I love these great reports! Your first grandchild receiving the Holy Ghost has got to be one of those moments you will treasure for the rest of your life!!!
I didn't get to go to Camp Meeting this year, and I hate that, but I did so enjoy Bro. Mullings ministering to us Sunday. I have never heard Calvary the way he preached it Sunday morning and will never be the same after Sunday night. Thank you to my pastor for bringing in amazing ministers to complement the incredible teaching we here every service behind our pulpit!
Never been to CM but it sounds wonderful! Sunday PM was nothing short of TREMENDOUS! And yes, I want...er... no need to hear it again. One time around just wasn't enough. WOW!
Ya'll are ALL wonderful! I love being able to stay in touch and letting everyone know what is going on in our lives and I LOVE reading about what is happening in your lives! Thank you for stopping by. Have a GREAT week!
Sis Elms, and church family,in Texas, I just wanted you to know that I am glad that you had a great time at Camp Meeting. I miss camp Meeting in California, we are getting ready to have Family Camp in (2) weeks, Bro Raney, and Bro. Pixler are our speakers, we cannot wait, anyways, I wanted to say also that I have listened to the Message that Bro. Mullins preached My Faith Fights for Me, and I will be one to say that I am going to listen to it again and again, Thank you for Sharing, May the Lord Bless you all, ♥ Cheri
Camp meeting is my favorite of the year. I absolutely love going. Ours is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I am greatly anticipating it.
All my children will be there except Steve. He'll be in the Philippines at that time.
Loved this report. Love you.
Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com
Post a Comment