Monday, November 25, 2013

Pixie Belle Writes to the "Granddaughters"

Hello everyone, I'm Pixie Belle!  You can't believe how cute I am, at least that's what I'm told MANY times a day!  I've been living in East Texas for about two weeks and I'm getting to where I like it. I was from the big city of Dallas, so this little town takes a little getting use to.  I thought I'd write a little blog for Wendell and Linda's granddaughters so they'll know what's going on in my life. By the way, if you haven't met all of those girls, you're missing out! They are ALL so sweet to me!   

Dear Savanna, Scarlet, Shayla, Alayna, Ashlyn and Ansley, (whew...that's a mouth full)...today is a BIG DAY for me!

Today is the day I'm getting "groomed". Groomed?  What's that mean?  I really don't know at this moment, but Mimi (that's what y'all call her) keeps telling me that I'm going to be SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE when I'm "groomed". I have a little problem with her saying that, because I think I'm ALREADY cute!  (Ummmm....we'll have to have a talk when I get home. We'll need to get a few things straight, like...I'M CUTE ALL THE TIME!) 

Things were a little different this morning around the house. Usually, I sit in Papa's (that's what y'all call him) lap while he reads His bible, and I'm so warm and cozy.  When he's finished, he takes me to Mimi and I get to cuddle with her, because she's not quite ready to start the day. I love this time!  After a little while, we get up and get around. Mimi takes me outside...which I usually enjoy, but  I don't like "outside"  when it's raining!  After I eat, I get to play with Mimi!  I absolutely LOVE IT!  However...today was different. 

Today, after Papa finished his morning devotions, he took me to Mimi. She talked to me a minute, then we got up.  Just like that!  I wasn't prepared for THAT!  I like to take my time getting up and around. (BIG SIGH)  She immediately took me outside to do my business (by the way I didn't get it done). It was TOOOO COLD AND RAINY!  I HATE weather like that!  The grass is wet, and it gets my paws wet.  Water is dripping from the sky, and my fur gets wet, then my whole body shivers uncontrollably!  How can anyone get their business done when they're in that predicament?  I don't understand it at all!  Oh...I'm sorry...I got sidetracked. Which is normal for me at this age. I'm only 3 months old.  Ok!  Where was I?  Oh yeah...this morning.

This morning I came back in, Mimi took me to my bowl, but for some reason I wasn't hungry, or thirsty. It seemed there was something going on. Papa and Mimi (I think I like those names, now. So, if it's ok with you I'm going to call them that, too) talked about "puppy cuts" and making sure "they" (whoever "they" are) "clipped" me just the right way. You know, "Not too much, but enough."  I guess I'm just too young to understand such language. It made me feel funny inside, so I couldn't eat. Who can eat with that kind of talk going on?  

Anyway, Papa took me back outside to "try" one more time, then he picked me up and asked if I wanted to "go".  Go where?  Of course, I want to "go". That's all I've done since I came to their house...GO, GO, GO!  They really need to stay home a little more, but they said we have to go "do the work of The Lord".  Well, today we're going again, but this time, I feel like I'm going to a place I'm not quite ready to be...

When Papa got ready to go, he picked me up in his BIG hands.  I feel so safe and secure when he holds me like that.  Ok...well...I'll talk to y'all later.  I've got to go for now. I'll come back and tell you "the rest of the story".  See y'all later....

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a cute puppy, and this post is too cute too!

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Christina. We are really enjoying Pixie Belle.