Dear Alayna, Ashlyn, Ansley, Savanna, Scarlet, and Shayla,
I decided to start off with the "A's" this time. Mimi told me I needed to be fair, especially when it comes to the granddaughters.
I'm writing to let you know how my day went. As you know, today was my "grooming day" and when I wrote about it before I didn't have a clue as to what "grooming" meant. Well, now I do! Oh me!
First, let me tell you about what I heard when Mimi and papa picked me up from the groomers. He told her I whimpered for THREE MILES when we left her this morning. I don't think he really understood how I felt, but after he told her how I acted, Mimi explained that I had never been in a car without her, and I was probably crying because I missed her. I THINK he understood. I want you to know that your Papa is a neat guy! I really do love him. You girls are VERY lucky to have a Papa like him. He's always so kind when he talks to me. Let me get back to my story...(I get SO distracted!)
I got to "the groomer" and had the SHOCK of my life! I didn't know all the things they were going to do to me until I heard the man telling Papa. It made me nervous! The man who spoke to Papa was nice to HIM, so I knew I'd be okay. I looked around and saw other dogs getting groomed, but none of them were as CUTE as me. I won the groomers heart! Shhhhh...don't tell anybody that I'm bragging. I might get in trouble. I still didn't know what to expect, but I can tell you now that it wasn't too bad. I tried to be on my best behavior, and was so happy to hear them tell Mimi that I did "just fine"! Whew! I didn't want to disappoint her. When the groomer finished, they told me it would be just a little while and Mimi would pick me up. I waited, but I wasn't very patient. Then, I heard the door open...
You should have heard Mimi when she saw me! Oh. My. Word! I've never heard anyone sound like her. I'm sure you have, because you've been around longer...SHE WAS SO EXCITED AND HAPPY! She went on...and on... and on! I wanted to jump up and give her a big kiss, because she loved my "groom"! She said, "AWWW...look at you! Your look SO cute! I love your little face! I knew your face would be silver...and...look at your PAWS!! AWWW....you're just a little doll!" I almost got embarrassed at the way she was carrying on, but I thought how lucky I was to be her little friend and wiggled in her arms. I was so happy! When we got in the car Papa just chuckled and picked me up. He said all kind of nice things to me like, "Pixie Belle, look at you! How's my pretty, wittle puppy doing, huh?" I just wagged my tail, and wiggled with excitement! I didn't tell him he was talking "baby talk"! I really did liked it!
Papa took me and Mimi home, and when we walked in the door I was STARVING! Mimi put my food in the bowl and I ate it ALL! I looked around and noticed Mimi was standing there watching me eat. I decided to sniff my bowl and let her know I was wanting just a tad bit more. She got the message and gave me more to eat. I got really full and it felt so good! Next time, I think I'll try to eat before I go to the groomers.
We stayed home for awhile, then Mimi said she was going to take me to Papa's office so I could meet some people. Since it's cold and rainy, she bundled me up in my snuggle blanket and off we went. It wasn't far and I was sure glad, because I've been in the car so much lately! We got to the office, and the first person I saw was Papa. I think he knew we were coming. Then, I turned and saw a real cute young lady. She was smitten the moment she saw me. In fact, she reached out and took me from Mimi. She made me feel so special! I couldn't look at her for a little bit, but then I decided if we're going to be friends I need to be friendly. I'm glad I was, because I think Xiana is one of the people I will stay with when Papa and Mimi cannot take me with them.
Then...I heard someone coming, and a TALL man walked in! I wondered who he was, then found out he was a very important man. He made me a little nervous, because I knew I was suppose to act right. I found out that he was the Texas District Superintendent of the U.P.C.I....whatever all that means...I never have got into "official titles". Mimi told me I could call him Bro. Prince. That's much easier! I still couldn't look at him, but Mimi still HAD to take my picture.
I was enjoying being where Papa works! It's a real busy place.
Another nice lady came in to see what all the commotion was about. When she heard everyone talking, she thought one of you girls were here, and when she saw ME she couldn't believe it! She just started laughing. I found out her name was, Sis. Carla. She works at the office all the time, like Xiana. (Oh, I almost forgot to tell you...you pronounce Xiana like "see-on-a"). Now, you'll be able to say it when you see it. I'll never understand why her parents spelled her name with an "X"! Anyway, Mimi had to take another picture. I just had to shake my head! She's so funny when it comes to pictures. I can't believe she wanted a picture of me and the office staff. I was told we were missing one person today. I'll guess I'll meet her later. I think they said her name is Sis. Jeannie. Anyway, here's the picture.
I couldn't believe what happened next! Another man came to the door and when Bro. Prince saw him, he said,"Hello! You must be a missionary." I was surprised that he knew the man was a missionary. I found out he figured it out when he saw the trailer behind a truck. I'm learning a lot today! I didn't know I could learn so much at three months old. Anyway, a lot of missionary's come through and stay at the camp ground when they're in the Texas District. Then it happened...the missionary saw ME...and he loved me! Then he asked if Mimi would take me to meet his wife. There's more to the story, but I'm getting tired, so let me just introduce you to Missionary Parker from Malta.
My next place to stop was in Papa's office. WOW! He must be a very busy man. At least it looks that way to me. I saw machines I'd never seen before, and it seemed there were a lot of places to play, but I found out real fast that the office is no place to play! I needed to be on my best behavior! I could tell Papa really liked the way I looked, because I could see it in his smile. I asked Mimi to take another picture of me with Papa, since I looked so different from just this morning. AWWW....I really like how this one turned out. You can actually see my eyes and my tiny features.
I knew I was going to have to leave in a few minutes, because Sis. Carla brought some papers in for Papa to sign. He really needed to get back to work, but I HAD to check out what he was doing.
Of course, I didn't understand, I just acted like I did. (hee-hee). I don't think I fooled him though.
Mimi finally said, "Pixie Belle, it's time to go home. Let's go!" I turned around and started walking toward her before I realized she had the camera up taking my picture AGAIN! I paused and posed, then I saw I was standing on Papa's desk!
I got a little nervous thinking about how far it was to the floor, so I let Mimi wrap me in my snuggle blanket and we headed home.
I hope you girls had a good day, and have enjoyed my stories. I'm really anxious to see you at Thanksgiving. I will give you ALL big kisses and let you hug me.
Your tiny friend...Pixie Belle
P.S. If you STILL can't figure out how to say Xiana, it rhymes with Miata. Well...except for the "M" and the "T". Come on...you have to give me an "A" for trying. ;-)
P.S.S. When Mimi read what I wrote, she laughed and said to me, "If anybody reads this all the way through they must be really bored!" I just shook my head and smiled.







2 comments:
Well, I read the whole story, lol! I had to though. It's too cute!
:-) I'm glad you enjoyed it that much! My granddaughters liked the first one so much I thought I needed to tell "the rest of the story". I'm sure there will be more posts coming from Pixie Belle.
Post a Comment